“Ok for a budget airline”
Review of easyJet

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Not a fan of budget airlines! Mainly because at the end of the day they are little,if any cheaper, than a schedule airline and to fly with them you have to put up with no end of messing about and inconvenience. Not to mention the poor quality and overpriced snacks. Trouble is these days, to fly to many European holiday destinations, they are the only option.
Having said all of that, within the species, they are as good as it seems to get in our limited experience.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (38,867)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good flight, on time, prompt boarding, extra legroom seats ok, good cabin crew pleasant and helpful, need a better choice of food options, but that's just my opinion.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Check-in was done in advance online. Boarding passes were sent to my iphone wallet so no printing out needed. Passing through the security check and immigration was quick and went smoothly. Boarding was on-time and staff were very polite.

Boarding from Front and back of the plane. It was a bit of a free-for-all as all were allowed to board at once. It could have been easier if they seated the central seats first and then worked their way forward/backward. We were all stuck in the aisle waiting for various people to find space for bags in overhead lockers before they were seated and we could move on. That being said, it was a small plane and it probably only took and extra 5 minutes or so. We were lucky that there was enough room for all the cabin baggage on the day we flew. Our bags were several rows back from where we were seated and it was easier grabbing them when we disembarked. Clearing immigration at Budapest was very quick.

During the flight, the flight attendants came through the plane with refreshments on two occasions. We had some drinks - Thy weren't cheap but they also weren't the most expensive refreshments we've been charged for by other airlines!

Seats were comfortable enough for a 2.5 hour flight and legroom was standard. I managed to sleep for an hour so couldn't have been bad.

We wouldn't hesitate to fly EasyJet from Southend again.

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overall, the flight was very good, the cabin staff were very efficient. The in-flight purchased food was of a good quality I thought. The flight was very smooth. What let it down was the ground handling at Rhodes Airport.

Even though I booked my flight in December 2017, when I arrived at Rhodes airport, I went to the Swissport/Skyserv desk and was told to wait in the waiting area.
After about 15 minutes I was told there were no wheelchairs, or they were broken so I would have to walk through the terminal.
Even though I saw the Thomas Cook rep, come and take 2 of the “so called” broken wheelchairs for her customers. Very suspicious!

I see on the Easyjet web-site it says:-“ you Should not make your complaint to easyJet. Even though you may have booked the assistance through us, under European law the airport is responsible for the service.”

I have osteoarthritis in both knees, so finding walking long distances painful and very slow, so only request special assistance out of necessity. I have travelled through many European airports and have never been treated in such a terrible manner.

On the other hand the service I received at Liverpool Airport was First Class.

I am still awaiting a reply from the Rhodes airport authority.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Got told that there was no room for my bag and it had to go in the hold , I told the lad that it couldn’t as I had loads of medicine that couldn’t go in because of the temperature she just replied with “take it out then” - I haven’t paid for an extra bag so how do u expect my to bring all this stuff into the flight because there was no “room”- well there was plenty of room for my bag on the plane - my bag was a small cabin sized and barely filled , if you are going to make people that should have a medical exemption bring all their meds onto the plane and try to juggle them on give us a an extra bag then this is totally unfair and hasn’t made me feel like an after thought won’t be flying with them again

Date of travel: November 2018