“Average travel experience”
Review of Delta Air Lines

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Travel experience was average but was very disappointed with the travel assistance arranged for my mother, they took her through security and then left her in the lounge and did not take her onboard, this was very annoying as we were actually traveling for her 80th birthday celebrations. When we arrived at Boston she was taken through security and we could not go through with her. The lady then took her out of the baggage claim area with all our luggage and did not inform us. When we found her she asked us for a large tip for her assistance! This should not be allowed and these staff members should be fully aware of what their job is.

Write a ReviewReviews (39,717)

Reviewed 20 October 2017

We recently flew to Park City via Salt Lake City International on Delta round trip from Baltimore.

Because we were celebrating our 45th anniversary, we upgraded our tickets to first class using Delta points.

The trip out was flawless. Flight attendants were very cordial and considerate as well as friendly.

While we were in Park City, a medical emergency involving our grandchild occurred and we needed to cut our trip short and fly back to Baltimore.

Because we were within a 72 hour window of our return flight I had to contact Delta directly about changing our flight.

I was not concerned about the cost or the penalties. We just wanted to get home as soon as possible.

The Delta agent I spoke with was very accommodating.

She was able to put us on a non-stop flight the next day in the same seat category we were in originally.

I new that there was a flight change fee however the agent waved the fees telling us our needs qualified as a family emergency.

All we needed to do was supply the name of the child, the hospital and the name of the doctor if we knew it.

Our grand child is home now recovering and we were there to help thanks to Delta.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

I hadn't taken Delta Airlines in a very long time but was completely satisfied with their service and on-time flight departures. I don't think they give as much leg room as Southwest but it was adequate. There was no hassle when it came to boarding with my ES dog however, since there wasn't any bulk head she had to lay down cramped under the seat in front of me. And, I miss not having access to movies.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

On October 15, my husband, our two dogs (weighing 60lbs and 50lbs, respectively) and I boarded Delta flight 674 from St. Thomas to Atlanta. We were stressed: having just been through 2 category 5 hurricanes, the loss of both our jobs, and relocating to the mainland, we had little in our emotional reserves as we attempted to settle into our seats.

Our flight attendant, Tina, immediately welcomed us and gave special attention to our heavily sedated dogs.Tina listened to our story and made us feel like the only passengers aboard the completely full aircraft. I witnessed her executing her duties throughout the flight in a professional, timely and warm manner, and being a lifetime service industry professional, myself, I noted how she engaged her passengers with genuine courtesy.

The mark of a true professional is evident when things are going less than perfect, however, and Tina handled a potentially unpleasant situation with grace and expediency. A passenger seated in front of us (we were in the last row) was suffering from low blood sugar, and when she brought this to Tina's attention, Tina immediately filled her request, apologized for the delay in food service during the packed flight, and even went as far as to follow up later with additional liquids for that passenger to take when they deboarded.

We hope that Tina is recognized by Delta as a model of what airline professionals strive to be. We are now lifelong customers and will continue to recommend Delta to all our friends and family. Thank you, Tina!

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Our Virgin Atlantic was cancelled and we were transferred to this flight on Delta Airlines
for our flight home , the check-in was a total shambles , when we asked the check-in desk if we could get similar seats on the Delta aircraft as we had paid for seats on the Virgin flight, we were told in no uncertain terms that it had nothing to do with Delta and we should take our problem to Virgin.
The inflight meal was one of the worst I have experienced, (to eat is only for the brave)
The attitude of some of the staff needs improvement..