“Very impressed”
Review of China Southern Airlines

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

What can I say.....

Can't fault any thing from this carrier, first time and given the chance I will use again.

Ticket prices were the cheapest by far, I thought the service would be poor and the planes old, I couldn't be more wrong if I tried.

Departed both legs on time, fits service was surprising good, food quality excellent and so was the tastes. Drinks runs were ample, even on the short 3 hour flight.

Flight entertainment kept me going on the full direct flight, shorter flight wasnt the best.

If I wanted to be really critical, I could say the language barrier when asking for milk, but their English is far better then my Chinese.

We still have to do the return leg next week, but I'm looking forward to it.

If you have any reservations, put them to one side. Save a few quid and let them surprise you!

Date of travel: November 2018
1  Thank tofwig
Write a reviewReviews (4,927)

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Would definitely use again. Nice, comfy roomy aircraft. On time departures and arrivals. Food and beverage service was nice with ample serving sizes. My only negative was they seated my partner & I separately on the second leg, we managed to swap with another passenger independently though as the airline staff would not facilitate this.

Reviewed 4 November 2018

The main attraction for this service was the price (via Expedia) and the schedule. This was a code share route with KLM (and later discovered Delta).
Outward bound 1h35m and return 2h30m in Schipol. Seats were comfortable enough - but on a 11h flight you should expect some discomfort in the nether regions.
Meals were mediocre - have yet to find anyone to better Emirates or Qatar Airlines.
In flight entertainment would have been ok; the same choices in both directions, 18 days apart. Having said that most interconitnental carriers are the same these days - Emirates usually had better selections over 2 segments.
In flight service was comparable with the other main carriers; they all seem to have adopted a practise of minimal service - no drinks offered pre-meal; no alcoholic beverages with the meal trollies - you have to wait for the crew to finish the meal run before drinks become available; and be prepared for 'that look' if you 'buzz' for more alcoholic drinks after the meal. These days this goes for all airlines I have used in the past 5 years.
The CSA web site is hopeless - if you want to pre-select your seat go to an office. I had to complete by on-line boarding via KLM, which was fast and a joy to use.

• Food and Beverage
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank ShenyangTaff
Reviewed 4 November 2018

The flight was pleasant because of very good seats in exit row. Unfortunately too cold during the flight, air condition too cold.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

We flew akl to China which is a 12 hour flight. On the way to Guangzhou, the movies were pretty limited and seat very uncomfortable but on the way back, we were on a newer plane with more space and more movies, soundtracks etc. English was never an issue on both our flights as well as our flight to Phuket. The food was ok but you only get 2 meals over 12 hours and no snack in between, this was ok for us as we packed our kids extra snacks. Try and get into the toilets in the first half of the flight because i dont think they clean them as I took my 3 year old and there was crap all over the seat, it stayed like that theoughout our trip to Guangzhou, i even saw the flight attendant look at it and close the door

• In-flight Entertainment
1  Thank Janenmarvs
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.