“Not on time”
Review of China Southern Airlines

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I choose this airline because no other other airline serve to Yiwu. This thime we got delay quite a long time. Its from 21.50 to 23.40., with change gate at last munite also.
The flight itself quite good. The meal is average.

1  Thank Su Wen L
Write a ReviewReviews (3,079)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Well I dont where to start ..the staff are like a bunch of zombies the plane is always full the seats are too small and very uncomfortable the food is disgusting , take some sandwiches with you on board the plane,or you will starve the 13 hours flight , on board entertainment is a mercy from God otherwise you will suffer mental deterioration by the time you reach the destination .another tip take sleeping pills or face the punishment, if you could find an alternative then good luck.the only good thing is its a direct flight.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

With some degree of trepidation we decided to take advantage of the great value offered. They had the most convenient departure time and a shorter total travel time so win win!
The plane too and from Brisbane was a newish A330, comfortable enough for an economy seat and good entertainment screen with everything you need. Food was reasonably good as far as economy plane food goes. The only issue for me,very minor, was cold beer was in short supply. However if you drink spirits you are not catered for.
We had the shortest most efficient turnaround time in Guangzhou both ways. The airport is very modern and wouldn't be a bad place to spend time if you did have a longer lay over.
The flight too and from Kathmandu was again on a newish A319 with good comfort levels but provided entertainment limited to Overhead screens so take your own. Service was good, lack of cold beer the only downside.
On the whole you cannot fault the value. The cabin crew are friendly and helpful I just wish I could speak Chinese, I am not going to complain about their language skills we got there and this is only likely to improve.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

The flight to Kathmandu from San Francisco was smooth and on time. Food was okay and the service was really good. On my return flight I left a battery bank in my check-in baggage which is my fault. China Southern Airlines held my bag and delivery it to my house the next day.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Flight left JFK 1 1/2 hours late on March 3, 2018. Snow partially to blame. Deicing plane.

This was a flight that connected thru Guanzhou, China. China Southern had arbitrarily changed our layover time from 3 hours to 1 1/2 hours from our original booking. Too LITTLE transfer time for any errors

No liquor or beer is served on China Southern international flights --at least not between JFK and Kuala Lumpur. Only cheap wine in the smallest plastic glasses I have ever seen. A swallow!

Long story short --we missed our connecting flight to Kuala Lumpur where we had a hotel booked for the night and a car/driver for hotel transport that night and tour next da which were already paid for. I asked in flight that China Southern in Guanzhou be notified and all possible assistance offered to us.

We could have been transported from our arrival gate to our departure gate by a bus. (Unknown to me at the time was that a special bus was there for passengers leaving on a Jakarta flight that happened to be departing from the gate next our Kuala Lumpur flight. Had I known that --of which no one from China Southern advised me-- my wife and I would have gotten on the bus and would have been in Kuala Lumpur that night ...without our luggage, but China Southern could have resolved that the night day. However, based on the lack of assistance from China Southern, they would likely have demanded that I come to the airport to pick-up my luggage!!

Nothing was done to accommodate my request!! UNACCEPTABLE!

We ran to the China Southern transfer counter (Counter 9) --having to clear that before going to the gate. The woman (He yuanyuan) at the China Southern transfer counter informed me that our tickets had been cancelled because we were not at the gate on time. I explained that the China Southern flight from JFK was late. NOT our fault!!

She (Counter 9, He Yuanyuan) ignored me and began a conversation in Chinese with the employee next to her.

I asked for the Manager in charge. She ignored me!!

I pushed past her and went into an adjacent office. I was told, "You cannot go in there!"

My reply was, "GET THE MANAGER NOW!!" This woman should be FIRED IMMEDIATELY!

A supervisor, Ye Jiayi, came out, but FAILED to call the gate or act in a timely manner to try to accommodate our needs and rectify a problem created by China Southern

China Southern made NO EFFORT to assist us. We had to clear Chinese security and a bag search even though we never left the secure gate area. Lin Xueping accompanied us.

We ran a long distance to try to reach the gate in time. I asked the representative with us, Lin Xueping, to grab one of the motorized carts to take us to the gate. His reply was, "They are not China Southern carts." STUPIDITY and INCOMPETENCE!! ( I don't give a F__K whose carts they are!" I am 71 years old and partially disabled as a result of having been run over by a tandem-semi in 1992.) SOLVE the problem! Take care of your customers. We could have made this flight with timely assistance from China Southern.

After a 16 hour flight to Guanzough, we were in the airport for another 3 hours before we got tickets for a flight the next morning that did not arrive until 1PM and a hotel in which to stay in Guanzough that night. It was another hour before we reached our hotel --with no luggage.

We had to get up at 4AM the next morning and be at the airport 3hrs before the flight since it was an international flight.

I asked to be moved to 1st class to be partially compensated for China Southern's screw-up. "That is not possible!" Supervisor Ye Jiayi

I will NEVER fly with China Southern again! What disreputable management! The CEO needs to be fired!

China Southern offered no compensation/reimbursement for our losses and inconvenience. I will contact my credit card company and advise them that the ticket charges for the China Southern flight will not be authorized or paid