“Bit of an ordeal to book a flight, but great value for money”
Review of China Southern Airlines

Reviewed 16 October 2017

When looking on Skyscanner for flights from Heathrow to Sydney, CSA was the lowest price.

I booked online, which took numerous attempts due to their very poor and outdated website.

Worse still, when my girlfriend came to book on the same flight shortly after, she had several failed attempts to book, and then the price almost doubled!

Generally when booking online, I had a very bad experience. At one point my girlfriend didn't even know if she had tickets or not!

Most importantly, we both got to Sydney with CSA, for a great price, and the flights weren't bad at all.

I would recommend if you have a low budget, but be prepared to have a bit of a struggle to book and navigate their website.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (3,549)

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a cheap way to get to China or Asia then this is the airline for you..we flew on one of their 787 ‘Dreamliner’ and let’s just say “it’s not suitable for Westerners” the legroom is minimal and after half hour in the air your backside starts to go numb due to the lack of padding in the seats.
I know the old saying ‘you get what you pay for’ etc but I feel with some small improvements like legroom and a cushion the airline could easily pick its way into the Western market.
I cannot see myself flying with China Southern again purely on the basis that for the sake of a couple hundred quid more there is plenty of other carriers out there that provide a much better service on long haul flights.
That saying, I would just like to add, the crew onboard were fantastic and the inflight meals were lovely, it’s just a shame the cabin environment takes a shine of things.

1  Thank Jonsie66
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Basic service doing what was described. Boeing aircraft with a few first class seats. Economy seats are fine for this length of flight. On time

1  Thank td2traveller
Reviewed 13 October 2017

delayed without any notice for 5 hours and heard that 5 hour is nothing cuz there are many people who waited over 10 hours. gate changed without any notice. AND!
I was using my laptop and the crew said I can't use any electric devices, but she left a westerner using laptop right in front of me. I assume that she didn't want to request to the westerner in English...
also I never finished my meal cuz of the taste...

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Horrible seats even for economy. I'm a 6'2 tall guy, the seats were horribly small even for my wife who's only 5'7. We agonize in pain for the length of the flight (21hours). Many people were in our position. It seems that they are only concerned with packing the airplane to maximum for profit not your comfort.
We also were scammed by the ticket counter personnel on our return ticket, they would not allow us to board the plane, instead of charging us a change flight fee, we ended up paying 2300 for brand new tickets because our connecting flight was stopping in China for over 20 hour and the personnel claimed that China would not let us stay for that reason without a visa.
The guy attending us, did not know what was he talking about obviously. Even when we show him that China does provide a 24, and 48 hours visa for travellers connecting their flights they refused to let us board to come home. DO NOT BOTHER FILING COMPLAINTS with this airline they never connect you to a person/manager once they find out what you are calling for. Travel any other airline but this... you will be sorry if you do.

2  Thank Oscar B