“The space is bigger than I expect”
Review of Cathay Pacific

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was flying on a 333 plane and had a window seat. The space was bigger than I thought as there was a little space between the seat and the wall of the plane. The dinner served was okay, it was a Taiwanese style minced pork rice. Much better than the pastry served on the plane I took from Hong Kong to Taipei.

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (11,849)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As a frequent flyer and very supportive of Cathy over the years , this flight in premium Economy was below expectations. I was holding a business class ticket. I had to change the date and even with more than two weeks notice there was no available seat so very reluctantly had to accept premium Economy seat I double checked luggage allowance with CATHAY website and with my ticket agent at source. The airport staff were not aware that luggage allowance in this instance was same as the original ticket. So nice hassle at check in with automated system. Luckily we finally found a sympathetic human staff person to assist. Crowded flight and very crowded plane. CATHAY had changed the middle section to four seats across instead of three. Washroom was so small and of insufficient number. Hard to access one on the other side of the plane as the across aisle was missing. Had to walk right through economy to do that.
My seat not working well. Limited buttons to adjust. Tv was hard to work and outdated. Food disappointing. Staff minimal.. not worth the price .

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight experience was great as always. A Smooth and uneventful flight over and back was experienced.

Date of travel: September 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Cathay has long been my nominated preferred airline for personal travel. Sadly, no longer. My recent Syd/Rme/Syd experience was the poorest I have encountered on Cathay ( or any top tier airline) with each sector offering below standard levels of service, but each for different reasons. Issues ranged from cold/unheated meals, toilets which remained uncleaned, low levels/frequency of cabin service and, especially, a faulty seat which would not maintain its upright position and constantly slowly reclined throughout the 11+ hrs of the flight. Cabin crew were notified but , because it was a full flight I was advised that there were no other seats available in Economy (!!!) so there I was stuck. This was on a new A350 and clearly the flight had arrived in Rome with the problem and probably would go off from Hong Kong in the same condition. Disappointingly, when the matter was raised with Cathay's Customer Relations, I received the obligatory 'stock' appology and a US$100 voucher to spend on my next Cathay flight. I doubt if time was taken to understand the nature of the issue raised or, by extension, if they really cared. Flying from Australia, we now have an increaing choice of top teir airlines offering Premium Economy service. Choose wisely travellers.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The food was terrible, in flight entertainment was poor. Staff were ok, some better than others, rubbish not collected during the flight. Emirates is far better, would fly with them in future.

Date of travel: November 2018