“Cared for "like a baby" with my badly sprained ankle”
Review of Cathay Pacific

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I love this airline and they're not short of good reviews but on this Occassion, as an injured person, I had an opportunity to compare them with no less than 6 other airlines as I travelled throughout China on a 6 week work trip. Two weeks into the trip I so badly injured my ankle that I was still on crutches when I was to fly home with Cathay.

During the month on crutches I flew between 4 different cities each time relying on a wheelchair to assist at the airport. Although this had been arranged prior to each flight, Cathay Pacific was the only airline where the wheelchair was provided without hassle and I was able to take the crutches onto the plane without being pressured to check them as baggage. One airline made me sign a waver in relation to their liability because I wasn't carrying a "medical clearance" to fly. Needless to say by the time I arrived at the airport to fly from Hong Kong to Melbourne, I was exhausted and pretty cranky!

I was expecting a great flight but it was so much better than I expected. Nothing is too much trouble for this airline. They checked my baggage in earlier than I had right to expect which freed me to get around on my crutches. They provided a semi private area near the check-in where I could sit and wait if I wished ( there were very few seats available near the check-in counters ) and their graciousness was a balm after all I'd experienced. The wheelchair arrived without fuss and getting through security (there's an extra check now as you go to board at the gate) was all made easy for me.

The flight attendants looked after me "like a baby", assisting me on my way to the "loo" and regularly checking to see I was comfortable. Not being able to get around much in the airport, by the time I got on the plane I'd been ravenous and was provided with extra food. Some people may think I'm 'a bit of a wimp' but as I learnt, an injured ankle, though a relatively minor injury, can be incredibly disabling and frustrating and the service I received was greatly appreciated. It just confirmed what a fantastic airline this is. So if you find yourself injured while overseas and have the option, fly home with Cathay!!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (11,673)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Brilliant flight, great service, could not ask for anything whilst on board, Service was good from a very busy flight crew, could not fault their hard work.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nearly a years long planning, culminated in our flights with Cathay, Sydney, Hong Kong, London and return. Having never flown Cathay before, and relying on friends comments we took the plunge.
My wife and I were pleased with their customer service from the booking November 2017, and having to rebook an earlier flight, due to my son getting married, and the actual flights. Nothing was too much trouble. We flew Premium Economy due to my height and Cathay one of the few services with P/Econ. having a 2, 4, 2. seating arrangement. Met with a glass of champagne and the service got better. food was great. Funnily enough on the menu, the food didn't sound great, but the food was absolutely scrumptious.
Noise cancelling headphones took most of the engine drone away and enjoyed a plethora of movies, documentaries, games etc.
Would definitely fly Cathay again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent flight experience staff were very good . Meals were excellent pilot kept us informed of any expected turbulence. Very comfortable.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I travel quite a bit and mostly internationally. Out of ALL the airlines I have travelled on Cathy Pacific (& Cathy Dragon) are by far in the TOP three (3) airlines possibly in the world! When you can fly on an airline Premium Economy, no not first class, and get the 1st Class treatment (no free alcohol drinks) well that is what international travel is all about. With 12+ hour flights having the proper legroom, body room, and top-of-the-line entertainment at each seat, well the time passes much faster and you are in a comfortable position that allows you to relax & rest! Also the meals were plentiful and very nicely prepared as far as selection of items on your tray and the overall taste, with fresh fruit with every meal. I HIGHLY recommend Cathy Pacific/Dragon for any overseas travel where they have flights✅