“British Airways and how they try to steal your money”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

British Airways is the most thieving airline that exists. Their so called customer service is a complete joke! They boldly steal your money and offer foolish apologies and excuses. They expect me to let go of a $2000 ticket while they denied me boarding?

Date of travel: February 2021
2  Thank FMJ0324
Write a reviewReviews (54,847)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I booked a flight with BA but had too change the dates.

After many phone calls and following the advice of their representatives I cancelled my flights and tried too rebook my flight.

I was unable to use the voucher for extra services too rebook the same services. I only followed the advice from their representatives but was told at the end you clicked on the term and conditions and that doesn’t allow you to rebook services with a voucher.

Extremely disappointed with the help received.

2  Thank Johanmartens01
Reviewed 8 May 2021 via mobile

Unfortunately I travel a lot because I live abroad so when I have time (holiday) I back at home few week.
Few times I traveled with this company and every time the service was completely a disaster.
Disorganized and confused about the role.
( even not in pandemic situations)

Date of travel: September 2020
1  Thank F6965QOallenm
Reviewed 7 May 2021

This airline has been a disaster during this world wide pandemic. My husband and I were scheduled to fly with British Airways for our honeymoon. We are trying to save up for our future lives together and were excited for a trip to Europe together. He has never been out of the country and we could not wait to go to Europe and to learn more about my family's heritage. However, when the pandemic was becoming more concerning, we cancelled and redeemed a voucher for the flight as a courtesy to the company so that they could plan ahead. In the end the flight was CANCELLED anyways. Anyone who did not redeem a voucher received a refund, but those of us that are planners and thought ahead and were responsible during a pandemic were not. In the mean time, my husband and I still do not feel safe to travel to Europe (plus we can't really with travel restrictions) and we are hoping to start a family. It is unlikely that we will be able to use the tickets and we have called British Airways multiple times to ask for a refund or a compromise. Customer service agents have been rude, unwavering, and incredibly unhelpful. I will NEVER recommend anyone fly with British Airlines again and will steer clear of them myself! Although I had positive experiences in the past, this company has handled this pandemic horribly and has horrible values and costumer service.

• Customer service
    • Value for money
2  Thank KatieS4335
Reviewed 4 May 2021

Their customer service is really awful! Their policies are rigid and they are not adjusting them at all to the COVID situation!!! Avoid this company at all cost during this pandemic !!! You need flexibility and a real customer service in case your plans HAVE to change because of the unpredictable pandemic. We had plane tickets that we had to cancel last year when the pandemic was getting big, a travel ban was issued when we would have been abroad ! BA wouldn’t reimburse us or give us a voucher when all the other companies would. They put our tickets on hold (and we would have had to pay $300 per ticket to use them), but now they are telling us they are expired ! We couldn’t have traveled in the mean time because of a travel ban !!! No option is offered to us except the refund of the airport taxes, that can’t actually happen because the debit card I used to buy the tickets has now expired...

1  Thank 52clairer
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.