“Complete rip off”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 14 January 2021 via mobile

Booked return flights for 8 of our family in April for our holiday to St Lucia.
Due to the hotel not opening in the foreseeable future we contacted British Airways to move our flights to September.
The agent issued us with a evoucher for the flights and reserved seats and said we would have to rebook.
Simple process until reserving seats!
Although the voucher included a seat reservation refund we were told this voucher cannot be used towards seating
This means although we had paid £816 for seats we now have to pay it again.
A complete ripoff BA should be ashamed!

3  Thank Roy R
Write a reviewReviews (54,801)

Reviewed 14 January 2021

Absolutely the worst airline I have flown with (especially their customer service).

Their awful website did not work properly, I paid TWICE for the same ticket (over 400 euro) and they REFUSED to reimburse me. They could only offer me a voucher!

Not only it was impossible to reach them by phone, email, Facebook or Twitter, but once I did they were completely incompetent.

Avoid booking with them if possible.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
3  Thank 106plamenp
Reviewed 12 January 2021

Just flown with BA and totally agree with most of the comments listed here. DO NOT USE BA, they’re operating an airline with management that is not fit to service the customer. The Customer Service is literally non existent and if you do manage to get through you’ll be put on hold for hours.
Had a flight cancelled flying back from Barbados; the manage by booking app site was down for the entire holiday and we had to call BA to rebook, this took several days on hold for hours to get the booking rearranged and paid extra for this; this was then not processed before we departed 4 days later! called again on the day and we were charged extra again to downgrade to the only seats available; all in all this cost us over £200 in phone calls to resolve, not to mention the lost time and anxiety of it all. Offered £25 for the hassle that they openly admit was their mistake due to lack of back staff to process changes to flights???!
On complaining to BA after returning, (DO NOT CALL YOU WILL NOT GET THROUGH) via their website, it’s their policy not to give any compensation other than a maximum of £25 on phone calls and you have to prove all this... I said keep the money and donate to their charity which is Comic Relief, very apt charity as all this is a total a joke really!!
AS MOST REVIEWERS ON THIS SITE; USE BA AT YOU OWN RISK! IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES OR NEED THEM TO HELP EXPECT NOTHING; THEY’VE GOT YOUR MONEY AND NOW YOU’RE ON YOUR OWN!!!

5  Thank rogergE1838WD
Reviewed 12 January 2021

Absolutely terrible customer service. Luggage was mishandled and the handle on the bag is now broken.

Tried to move my ticket which was easily done by my family through Turkish Airlines, Qatar and Emirates. British Airways made it absolutely impossible. Told me that the ticket was confirmed which is why I couldn't move.

I had not checked in though and they refused to tell me what a "confirmed" ticket meant.

3  Thank areebanoorali
Reviewed 12 January 2021

I would recommend additional channels to contact their Customer Support. Instant messaging would be a great option if you want to make it easy for customers to contact you.

Other than that, I have always been very happy with their service and offer great support over the phone.

Date of travel: December 2020