“The World's Worst Excuse bfir an Airline”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 11 August 2020

This shower are grotesque. They spend far more time and money on arguing, disagreeing and litigating with customers than serving them.
Don't ever use them. Never book through them. Del Boy would be more reliable.

4  Thank jamescX3776OY
Write a reviewReviews (55,041)

Reviewed 11 August 2020 via mobile

Our Flight's were booked through a Travel
agent . Our flights were cancelled by BA . They are refusing to give us a refund , only a voucher or rebook now but there is no point as the wedding has happened already . BA have become a huge rip off .

Date of travel: July 2020
2  Thank Z1981JJpeterc
Reviewed 10 August 2020 via mobile

My flights were cancelled in April due to COVID which is completely understandable. I asked BA to refund my new bank account as the one I paid with was closed as I had since changed banks. They said they had to refund the closed account but it would bounce back to them. Once this happened I was assured I would get a call to provide new account details. I thought this was a poor process but having been assured this was normal I accepted.

Forward wind to August and still no refund. After numerous calls, emails and escalations BA tell me the refund didn’t bounce so it’s no longer their issue as the bank must have it.

BA have provided the end of the card number refunded which has never been one of my cards, and a payment reference for the bank. The bank doesn’t recognise the reference after many hours of investigation.

Back to BA and just get the same excuse on repeat that despite them assuring me they would resolve this it’s now my problem and they are sorry I’m not out of pocket but from their side it’s case closed.

I’ve spent over 8 hours on calls to banks and BA and still don’t have the refund they say was issued. That’s longer than the return flight that was cancelled!

They refuse to acknowledge that the card number they have refunded to isn’t mine, nor will they accept that they assured me this wouldn’t happen and they would resolve.

I’m beyond disappointed that a multi billion pound company would treat their customers like this. I chose BA thinking I was dealing with a professional airline, I was very wrong!

So now because I opted to fly BA I have to write off hundreds of pounds and they couldn’t care less.

Date of travel: May 2020
3  Thank NLA_1981_
Reviewed 10 August 2020

The food was already bad before Covid, but now it is just inedible sandwich on a long haul flight, come on BA you can do better than that

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank ammor
Reviewed 10 August 2020

On board, after aircraft door was closed and all passengers seated, I noticed different passengers were not dressing the masks properly, others, including the guy seated in front of me, not dressing the masks at all..! ( even if given by the crew entering the aircraft ). So I let the cabin crew notice the situation on board..but nothing changed. During the on board service I took the chance to draw the cabin attendant attention again on the situation and only after the intervention of an English passenger who reinforced my request supporting me, the cabin crew ask the "gentleman" seated in front of me to dress the mask.
Now, social distancing seems not contemplated on BA flights as they are exempted providing other health requirements such as mask and sanitiser etc..but without controlling the passengers this becomes completely useless.
Cabin crew should remind with repetitive announcements that dressing a mask is mandatory on board.
Kind regards.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank gp02020
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.