“most staff members are extremely polite!!!”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 23 July 2020

I've flown several times with BA and not one time I had a problem, I thought it would only be good of me to leave a review since I never left one.
Most of the Staff are polite and very helpful, I could recall one time I was in London and had a lot of luggage and few extra, one lady at the check in was a B**** but quickly another one came to my assistance to sort everything out! I was so grateful!
However overall things with BA are smooth and flights normally on time! I hope it stays like this!

Date of travel: November 2019
    • Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (54,827)

Reviewed 23 July 2020

Our flight was cancelled from Miami. As our holiday thereby was worth nothing, we wantet a refund. We have tried the same with Easyjet, but it was impossible.
Much to my surprice I got through to a polite BA service employee after waiting a mere 10 minutes (Friday morning just after 9).
And after answering 5(ish) security questions, we got a full refund.
BA will definetly be our first choise in the future!

Reviewed 21 July 2020 via mobile

I booked an expensive flight and paid even more to get an extra luggage. I had to pay 75€ at the airport for being 3kg overweight. I had no carry on luggage so technically I wasn’t. The lady wouldn’t hear me out and strictly followed the procedure. Besides, we were only 15 in total on the plane.
I explained the situation to BA Customer Relations, they didn’t seem to care either.
I’m very disappointed by the service, felt like the crew was careless and wouldn’t listen to you. Because of the current situation no service was offered during the flight in spit of the price. I completely understand that, but the whole flight experience was then really bad.

I frequently travel between France and the UK, and British Airways is clearly not an option anymore.

• Seat comfort
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
1  Thank MathieuMDT
Reviewed 20 July 2020

I understand that the airline industry is in crisis, I understand the effect that it is having on our economy and I am a very keen supporter to get all our airlines flying again, as would any rightminded citizen.
I do not want any undue harm done to any airline, but there are boundaries which should not be crossed in any aspect of life, and in my opinion, British airways has crossed one. They have duped passengers out of refunds when they’re due, by pretending it’s not an option. British Airways knows the rules, just as every airline does.
They knew full well that in regards to flights cancelled by them, the EU Commission clearly stated that passengers are due full refunds to their original form of payment, not just vouchers for future travel with the airline. If you cancel because you don’t want to travel, it’s a totally different story. It’s really simple…
You want to cancel: you can get a voucher or change dates, within BA’s policy.
British Airways cancels your flight: you are due a full refund, or you can take voucher.
This is all part of EC261, the European guidelines for what airlines must do when travel is disrupted. The EU correctly suspended cash payments to effected passengers, but clearly stated that refunds must still be offered when the airline cancels, so long as a government did not allow the plane to fly.
BA intentionally redirected me, a customer who was due a full refund to my original form of payment, to a form which gave me only an option for a voucher to use toward a future flight. They then understaffed their phones, so anyone who knew better couldn’t get through, making this a real source of frustration. What makes this so galling is that it is BRITISH AIRWAYS! I would never have dreamed of such a cavalier approach from a company that I held in such high esteem. They have written to me following my complaint stating that…‘Once the voucher is accepted, you can use it for future bookings, but it’s not possible to exchange the voucher for cash, I’m sorry.’ I cannot believe that they are continuing to support the charade that they so blatantly fabricated. I will not let this matter drop. Do the right thing, do the legal thing and give me my money back.

Date of travel: March 2020
3  Thank TeboV8
Reviewed 20 July 2020

I received a voucher for a cancelled flight in April and now want to redeem it for a flight the coming week. It is however only possible to redeem these vouchers over the phone, not while booking online. I have now made 12 phone calls to BA to try and book this flight and have been unable to reach anyone. The answering service just says It is not possible to answer your call right now please call back later. The dates of my flights are creeping ever nearer and so my only choice is to either cancel the trip or pay for it again. Absolutely appalling in my view. I was tricked into accepting the voucher in the first place and now cannot even use it.

3  Thank 463lianel
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.