“Usual BA high standards except for the food”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 5 April 2020

Flew with BA as the last leg of my journey back from Malaysia. Heathrow airport was eerily quiet due to the reduced flights. Boarding was straightforward and there were lines marked to allow for 2m distancing rules. After boarding, the cabin and seats etc were the usual high BA standards. The only thing less that the usual expected BA service was the food which was literally a small pack of pretzels and a bottle of water. There were no other options offered, which we were told was something to reduce risk of infection. Something that sounded odd when you consider that none of the attendants wore a mask.

The flight was a little early taking off and we arrived i Glasgow ahead of schedule.

Date of travel: April 2020
77  Thank macedonboy
Write a reviewReviews (54,808)

Reviewed 4 April 2020

I am an Indian living in south of France with my family, holding an Indian Passeport and a Valid French Visa.

I reserved a trip up and down from Marseille / France to Chennai / India, transit at London(less than 6 hours) from end of Jan to Mid feb.

I flew from Marseille through london and on the way back in Chennai, British Airways refused my boarding requesting a transit visa for London and was dumped in chennai.

I asked them why they didnt ask all these documents while i am flying from Marseille to chennai through London. And i was never indicated or warned during my reservation of the flights.

I reserved another Etihad Airways to back home in France. and it cost me a lot in Inidia and In france due to change of transport and a lot of problems joining my family.

I am running back and front emailing to get my refund from British Airways. They simply say that i dont have proper documents and they dont clearly answer to my questions.

I would like someone who could advice me or help me to proceed legally.

With such a bad expérience and service, i would never ever recomend or use British Airways.

Thiru

Date of travel: January 2020
2  Thank Thiru-Jaya
Reviewed 4 April 2020

I can only commend BA holidays customer service for the way they dealt with a refund for missed days of our holiday due to COVID19. Our holiday was cut short by 3 days and on return I contacted BA to enquire about a refund and within 1 week I had an email confirming a refund would be made and within a further 4 days the refund was debited back into my bank account. The way BA dealt with the repatriation flight, attndants on the plane and the aftercare has all been brilliant. I recommend anyone to fly with BA Holidays in future.

Date of travel: March 2020
Reviewed 4 April 2020

The footrest was broken. When I complained to a crew member I was moved from a window seat to a seat in the centre aisle between noisy children. Not good value for money. The plane was an old 747.

Date of travel: November 2019
2  Thank peterbR6098EP
Reviewed 3 April 2020

Travelling to Stockholm from LHR. At bag drop off was told by BA staff that only Swedish nationals allowed into country and UK nationals barred. At desk I rang the border control office at Stockholm airport. They confirmed EU/EFTA/EEA & UK nationals able to enter - no restrictions. Relayed this to BA staff and offered them phone to speak to Swedish border control. They then said it was their policy. Asked for a reason. They said they were unable to provide one but it was their policy. Tried ringing BA to get a refund. Calls being terminated due to "high call volumes". No email address. Called Swiss, Lufthansa, KLM. All had staff manning telephones. Managed to rebook on Swiss. In flight BA staff are terrific but management, check-in staff, and customer support online or on phones is the worst among the major European airlines. Had known this for some time and this experience affirmed my view. Will not be giving them another chance and I strongly recommend others do the same.

Date of travel: April 2020
2  Thank spinnakeruk
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.