“Excellent Service with a smile”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 7 January 2020

Was a stop off transfer from London to Manchester and the staff were really good with excellent attention to detail!

Date of travel: August 2019
1  Thank VincentAshton
Write a reviewReviews (54,849)

Reviewed 7 January 2020 via mobile

We always enjoy flying British Airways whenever we fly to London. They depart on time and the service is alway great. The entertainment system on the plane offers a huge list of movies.

Reviewed 7 January 2020

Very very old aircraft, unluckily I got the aisle seat and my chair was sinking down I could not really sit comfortably for the long flight of 12 hours. There were so many passengers on board the plane. I thought I would be served the travel pack but unfortunately nothing. Food was served on time but by the time it got to us it went already over an hour. I was looking at movie selection, it was OK but could be much better. During the flight we could not really sleep much, stay awake more or less most of the time. Got hungry and we went to ask for some nuts (I saw other passengers were standing and eating next to the crew earlier) we were told "we haven't got any" I got at the end just a cup of water. They did not serve any food throughout 8 hours except water. My friend and I were starving to death on that flight.

• Seat comfort
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
2  Thank AtheistFrosty
Reviewed 7 January 2020

Having collected airmiles one would think you get companion free flight. Not at all you hardly gain anything. However the crew were excellent and very pleasant and helpful and smiling.we landed beautifully and on time.

• Seat comfort
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 7 January 2020

After marriage me and my wife planned our travel through London in BA. At Chennai airport my wife was denied check-in because she was having a tourist visa and they said she cannot transit through London without a visa.I was at shock as I always traveled through Heathrow. After taking to the counter staff at airport they said they could not help me with re-booking and I had to contact customer care. Indian customer care line is only available from 10am to 5pm as I had early morning flight I couldn't reach out to them. I ended up calling the USA customer care for immediate assistance. WORST ever Customer care representative without any answer.

First I asked for rescheduling my flight through some other European city, (paris, frankfurt, etc..) BA agent said they cannot do it as BA flies only through London. So rebooking was not an option. ( No wonder that they are not in alliance with major carriers)

I asked for cancellation of my booking option and asked for the cancellation fess and other details. Again worst ever system . The customer care representative said she cannot check their system now and they need some time. I was waiting at the airport speaking to Customercare for more than 40min and they couldnot give me a solution/answer.

Adding to that the customer care representative from US disconnected my call abruptly.

I was so upset selecting BA as my carrier. I reached out to BA counter and asked for feedback form. They said it is not available. I was stunned to get that answer from BA (I was thinking they value their customer).

After being sick of trying their customer care also without any help from ground personal. I asked their counter staff to write a mail internally so that I get a call back as customer. The counter staff also noted my phone number and from then till time, I never got a call from BA.

I would advise all to avoid BA at any cost as they don't have any customer service and value for their customer.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.