“The Under Class”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 9 December 2019 via mobile

Have flow BA 747 to Heathrow twice enroute to other cities in Europe. We were truly excited to ride on the Jumbo Jet. In the end I guess you get what you pay for. Economy is sort of like booking an inside cabin on the lowest deck on a cruise ship. The service was adequate, but the food was poor, the airplane was in rough shape and worst of all the seats are very close together. I am 6'0 and felt like I was shoved in the trunk of a subcompact car. When we got to Heathrow (Old English for Hell) I was wrecked because I was unable to sleep because I could not get comfortable.

Date of travel: April 2019
Write a reviewReviews (54,801)

Reviewed 9 December 2019

My husband and I booked seperately as we needed to use our Avios points - due to this, we were not allocated seats next to each other. So at the airport, a very nice lady at the BA counter helped us to rebook our seats - we got Upper Deck and not only seats together but the whole row of 4 were empty - except for us - so I could lie down during part of the flight...and get up to go to the loo whenever I needed. It was the best. However, coming back from Singapore, the same didn't apply and we ended up having two seats together but no "luxury" as such. Food was OK.

Date of travel: November 2019
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 9 December 2019 via mobile

Having had a very poor flight to Lima on a newish 777 the cabin crew were not engaged and disappeared half way through the flight, the Buenos Aires flight was totally different with the cabin crew fantastic, just couldn’t do enough.
The aircraft though was very old with tiny video screens, not what you expect from our national carrier.

Date of travel: October 2019

Comfortable seat nice service
The food is reasonable my dish was too spicy, the air hostess offered to bring me something else.
Flight was very good and we landed 15 minutes before the due time

• In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 9 December 2019

My wife and I had a very pleasant and relaxing BA Business class flight to Kingston Jamaica May 2019. Checking was quick and smooth and we were ushered into BA Business lounge after immigration. The lounge was not crowded at all. We were welcomed on the flight with champagne and top shelf premium drinks. I no longer needed a special meal but it was not recorded in the system. The crew apologised and sent an email to ensure that my request was adhered to on the return journey. In Kingston, you were called from the lounge when it was time to board, thus avoiding the crowd. The service, entertainment, cuisine, legroom etc were excellent.

Date of travel: May 2019
1  Thank vallinm2013
US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.