“Pleasant flight, despite tight seat pitch”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 26 March 2019 via mobile

Having already checked in online, I was persuaded by the airport volunteers to brave the automated bag drop, as the manned check in desks for Club passengers had long queues of folk needing visa checks. Galleries lounge was very busy, but a reasonable brunch selection of food and drink available. Difficult to find a seat, let alone one with power, but I did eventually locate one after a couple of circuits of the various seating areas. I do wish people wouldn't use spare chairs for coats, etc, particularly when there are folk without seats. I only spotted by chance a sign inviting guests to download the PressReader app and a selection of publications to read en route. Given that my flight was without IFE of any description, this was an under publicised bonus feature. Boarding the A321 aircraft at gate A1 was orderly, and many had acceded to the request to check cabin bags, given the fullness of the flight. Flown this route and class before, so knew exactly what to expect with seat and legroom size. It remains a disappointment! Luckily the passenger in front made no attempt to recline her seat. Cabin crew worked hard to get round the large Club cabin several times, and did not stint on the drinks. Food was perfectly acceptable. My hot chicken dish would not win any prizes for presentation, but was surprisingly tasty. Yes, the portions are all small, but, quite frankly, that is all that is needed. I did miss the drop down journey progress screens. We had been a little late taking off, but, with a tail wind and permission by Tallinn ATC to take a short cut on final approach, we arrived ahead of schedule. The number of cabin bags checked in did prolong the wait at baggage reclaim, but my two bags did come out together. In my experience, the "Priority" bag tag has no advantage!

1  Thank KateB3756
Write a reviewReviews (55,248)

Reviewed 26 March 2019

We paid extra to sit in the exit row and it was worth it for the extra legroom even though we couldn't sit together. Takeoff was delayed but we made up most of the time on the flight.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank George C
Reviewed 26 March 2019 via mobile

I’m short and I struggled with leg room. I thought I got a good deal when I first booked it... seemed cheap and cheerful. Had me close to tears on the way there and back!!! Seriously, no space to even adjust my sitting position without distributing the person next to me.

2  Thank Bobaleeba
Reviewed 26 March 2019 via mobile

We flew to Venice with British Airways for a short city break. From the point of booking the airline were superb. The app has all the information on it and we downloaded our boarding passes with ease onto our phone. The connecting flight from London Heathrow to Venice was delayed for an hour however this wasnt much of an issue as the captain managed to make up some time on the flight to Venice meaning we arrived only slightly later than expected. The staff on board were lovely and always happy to help. Had no issues on our return flight back to the UK either so all in all a fantastic service. I would definitely recommend booking with BA and we will be using BA again to book holidays in the future.

1  Thank carolinelsw
Reviewed 26 March 2019

A straight through evening flight, taking approximately 13 hrs. We booked the upgrade in the hope of getting some sleep and a more comfortable journey.

The meal service was good and the staff efficient and friendly. The seat has plenty of leg room, so would be ideal for a tall person. I found the foot rest wasn’t reachable until my seat was in a recliner position. The seat arms aren’t padded, so are not particularly comfortable, unless you have thick sleeves on.

It reclines for a sleeping position and meets up with a drop down foot rest, attached to the seat unit infront. During our outward night journey, the foot rest kept dropping down towards the floor, when the seat was fully reclined. Eventually a member of Staff managed to adjust the seat position, so this stopped happening. The resulting ‘bed’ was usable and I did manage to get a little sleep.

The bed is narrow. I’m a female, UK size 12, and 5ft 3” tall. Not sure how a much larger sized person would cope with the width.
We were provided with a bedding pack which was useful and also a small bag of toiletries. Including a miniature toothpaste and brush.

I was probably more comfortable than I would have been in a standard seat, so I was glad I had booked it, but only because it was such a long flight at night.

I did find a business class, Delta flight some years ago, had a much more comfortable reclining seat.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank LynneH357
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.