“Not couple friendly”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Distinctly average experience. Sitting towards the back of the plane, you don't get a pre-dinner snack because either they ran out or they already started serving dinner to the front of the plane, which doesn't help when you're starving on a long haul flight. Another unhelpful feature is the armrests which don't go all the way up like they do with other airlines (Emirates). If you're a couple travelling together and want to snuggle up, BA might not be the best choice.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (38,723)

Reviewed 23 September 2018

My flight was booked as a cruise package with NCL. I was informed at check-in that I was booked on the flight but did not have a seat and that I should return later to see if there was room for me. NCL said that I did have a seat, BA said I did not. After much stress, I was given a seat, and when on the plane, noticed that there were several spare seats, so the whole business was totally unnecessary. As usual on a return flight, there was limited choice of food and drinks - why don't they take more out with them?

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 23 September 2018

One of the worst passenger seat environments I have ever been subjected too. Sagging seat cushion through which you could feel the seat frame, minimal leg room etc. To complete the sorry saga of the flight I was informed on landing when waiting for baggage on the carousel that one of our cases had been left on the tarmac at Gatwick along with 48 others!
I must congratulate the lost baggage handlers ar Funchal who got my case to me within 4 hours of the case arriving the next day.

Date of travel: August 2018
1  Thank rex D
Reviewed 23 September 2018

Delightful friendly and helpful stall. Execellent meals. Wish BA would do more direct flights from Edinburghnto Europea. They are the best!

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Flew on a 747 and booked seats 51 g and h at £100 each. I had to move due to the tray on 51g being broke. Contacted BA 3 times before they accepted it was there problem. The cabin crew were brilliant, excellent service