“On time, fairly efficient and ok service”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was a short'ish flight of 3 hours and it was on time with no problems. I just wish they revert back to boarding from the back so the occasional thoughtless individual who block the aisles whilst they fiddle with their hand luggage would have less of an impact.

BA were guilty of asking people to part with their hand luggage, claiming shortage of space when in fact there was no problem.

I think BA would be better to differentiate themselves by providing a top class service and stop trying to compete with the low cost providers.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (36,885)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Used British Airways for our touring holiday to Costa Rica , flight crew very welcoming on boarding, we found good leg room in economy. Only given 4 out of 5 because...
1. On the flight out the cabin was half empty, yet the food that was being offered was spicy with no other option, bad for long haul, never had that in 40 years of traveling. We complained to the head stewardess who found me a salad, which was good.
2. On the flight home which was full, BA are asking travellers to put small bags under the seat in front on them, THIS isn't a budget airline, first of all I have a large handbag which I don't mind putting under the seat in front of me, but one larger bag ( which will fit In their sizing grid at check-in) But people are being allowed to bring really big cases in the cabin which should be put in the hold.
3. My TV monitor both ways wasn't working properly, thou my partner said the films etc was a very bad selection anyway

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a great flight the crew looked after us really well as usual with B A the food is always very good I always fly with them

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our flight left Seattle on time and we settled down expecting our first drink. Nothing came. After 3/4 hour we were asked for our choice and this took some further time to arrive. The new Club service where the poor hardworking attendants have to walk up and down with each persons drink and each course of the meal is silly. It took well over three hours before we even got half way through our meal and we were the very first passengers served. I gave up and did not have dessert and went to sleep. The time difference meant that everyone was tired and departing early evening and arriving late morning at Heathrow we missed nearly a whole nights sleep. We slept for only 3 hours or so before we were awakened for breakfast 1 1/2 hours before landing. Come on BA we do not pay Club Class prices for this slow drink/meal service and so little chance to sleep on a reasonably long flight.. The old service system was far more efficient and less exhausting for your crew. Crew helpful and friendly.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There are so many very good airlines that differentiation as part of their marketing strategies are becoming increasingly difficult. What sets BA for me apart from other airlines is die quiet and unassuming efficiency that we have come to expect from them. They just do it right without a "fuss and faffing". Obviously you have to compare cost and convenience, but BA is typically my first place to look for a flight. They are just so quietly efficient at getting you there without a fuss!