“Very Good Flight.”
Review of Avianca

Reviewed 15 October 2019

AVIANCA offers several direct flights daily from Bogota to Madrid. I have found the service/flights to be on time and the service aboard quite good. The food has improved significantly lately.

1  Thank Carlos A
Write a reviewReviews (18,718)

Reviewed 14 October 2019 via mobile

Easy international flight. More room in economy class than the norm. Friendly service. Would recommend & fly with Avianca again.

Reviewed 14 October 2019

Like many large corporations, everything is excellent until there is a problem, then the level of incompetence is incredible. When I changed the date of a flight, my luggage allowance was reduced from 2 pieces to 1 piece and the call center agent did not inform me of this. I made my outbound flight with 2 pieces of luggage and now I cannot return home with them. I can't pay $70 for additional luggage. I have spent the last two weeks contacting Avianca by phone, Facebook, online chat and email, asking if they can change my allowed luggage back to 2 pieces, but nobody will help me, even though they have admitted their mistake. I've always had good experiences flying with Avianca, but their customer service is an absolute joke.

Date of travel: August 2019
Reviewed 11 October 2019

We found this airline superior to better known airlines. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was OK. The entertainment system was more than adequate. The only problem we had was that our flight back from Bogota to London was delayed by 3 hours and we were unable to get any information and were not offered any refreshments.

1  Thank Linda P
Reviewed 9 October 2019

I must say that Avianca has improved their flights to Roatan. This is the only Airline that actually serve a meal to Salvador and one to Roatan. Many may not like the connection, but connecting to Roatan Via Salvador is nice, the airport have many shops and resturants to keep you busy. My only complaint is that some of their layovers are too long (6 hours).

Date of travel: June 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.