“Worst airline company - to be avoided at all cost”
Review of Avianca

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We took Avianca flight for a trip to Galapagos. For the way in, 30min delay, that's ok but the return... flight on August 18 at 10.05am AV1633. When we arrived at the airport they announced us 2 hours delay, no specific reason, no sorry... great. 1 hour later, our flight has now 5 hours delay . No more explanation or compensation. We finally changed our flight for a direct flight to Quito instead of a stop in Guayaquil. Departure at 3.45pm, arrival at 6.45pm in Quito instead of 2.50pm. All other companies will offer compensation or at least apologies.... not Avianca... we are still waiting for something... Let's wait for a miracle... all in all, NEVER USE AVIANCA. Last year, we used them for a flight Lima to La Paz, they also lose luggage for 4 days...

1  Thank TravelerWW2017

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Smooth take off and landing. Spanish and English spoken. Friendly attendants with great service. Clean restroom.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Worst airline ever... Told on arrival at airport that evening flight was cancelled. Given a slip of paper with number to call to rebook. Refused hotel, transport, refreshments on the grounds that it was due to a volcanic eruption - not their fault, no one was flying. They could not have been more dismissive. The call centre could not rebook us for 4 days...the day we were due to leave Arequipa. The worst thing was that as we stood there trying to sort out an alternative way of getting there, we noticed that people were still queueing. I asked the Peruvian passengers who advised me to join the queue and not take no for an answer. Other airlines were still flying and they were clearly using the volcano as an excuse to avoid paying out. About 3 hours of polite protest later they started offering hotels, transport, meal and in theory a flight the next day. But... I'd done as they'd told us and rebooked through the call centre so we were no longer on the manifest... They finally got our family on 2 different flights the next day. Transport to the hotel was such a fiasco that we had to wait 2 hours just for the them to sort out the paperwork for the taxi. When we got to the hotel we only had 1.5 hours before pick up to go back for our 5am flight. At no point did anyone apologise and I have never encountered such bare faced lying in all my 50 odd years of flying around the world. Will never use them again! Flew LCPeru later in the holiday with no problems

1  Thank CathSamMax
Reviewed 18 August 2017

even though I canceled my flight "4 years ago",they has not payed back the refund yet.
It has been already "4"years.
can you believe?lol

1  Thank Hydeking
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Our flight from Cuzco to Bogota was delayed four hours due to lack of fuel, a problem which an Avianca employee indicated was beyond the airline's control. This delay caused me to miss a connecting flight from Bogota to New York. When I arrived in New York, my luggage was not waiting for me. A follow-up call two days after the initial flight indicated that the luggage was still in Cuzco. Another call the following day indicated that it was now in San Salvador. The in-flight experience was pleasant enough, but actually getting on a flight and getting my luggage has been a tremendous hassle.

1  Thank Brian H