“Austrian Airlines”
Review of Austrian Airlines

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

After connecting from an Austrian Air flight from Athens to Vienna, we boarded the plane in Vienna bound for Toronto. We are not Austrian so the fact that we could not understand the pilot or staff at times, even when they tried to speak English, was a bit frustrating. However, this is probably where the negatives end (apart from the mighty flight which no one has control over). It is Economy Class so there is not much comfort in terms of leg room and such; but, the seats were quite comfy, the plane was clean, the staff was great (they came by so many times offering food and drinks - which doesn’t happen on most flights), and the headrest entertainment was in good working order. I think I watched 3-4 movies to pass the time. I would highly recommend this airline.

Date of travel: August 2017
    • Value for money
Write a reviewReviews (8,160)

Reviewed 4 December 2017

I was really surprised by the service (drinks were served twice and snacks) and the nice and new plane.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Nice and friendly staff, quick and attentive servce. Drnks were quickly services, snack only chocolate or chips
unfortunately the flight was delay, but pilote explained reason and kept us informed

Reviewed 4 December 2017

From the carefully designed restful interior colors to the distinctive red attire of the attendants, you know you are somewhere special when flying Austrian. Maybe because they are a smaller country they try harder? I have flown to Vienna multiple times with Austrian and have always been satisfied with service, comfort, and promptness.
On planes I'm not a big fan of dining in any case, and the standard meal on Austrian is par for the course, acceptable but nothing special. However, one can order a special menu from Do & Co, a fine Vienna restaurant at a reasonable price. Schnitzel anyone?
The choice of entertainment is excellent. Another airline I flew recently had no music choices at all. Enjoy some Mozart on the way to Vienna or a waltz if you prefer.
Finally, I would like to mention the Vienna International Airport (Schwechat) is easy to navigate and well laid out. Connections there to other European destinations are good, especially to the East.
I'm always happy to fly Austrian Airlines for business or pleasure.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

I was not at all impressed with Austrian Airlines. We were flying to Vienna followed by a scheduled connecting flight to Belgrade. I appreciate that the delayed departure of one hour from Heathrow was probably not their fault, however, owing to the late arrival in Vienna I feel that they could have delayed the departure of the connecting flight to Belgrade. This flight is a 'dead end' flight, returning to Vienna about an hour after it lands at Belgrade. It can easily be turned around even if it is late in arriving. Indeed, on our return flight, ithe plane was late in arriving at Vienna, and the departure of the London flight was delayed to allow connecting passengers to transfer.
Austrian Airlines were not very helpful following our late arrival in Vienna. Incorrect information was given on the plane as to the whereabouts of their Customer Service desks. The delay to the next flight to Belgrade was 7 hours, however we were only given vouchers for 12 Euros, which was less than the cost of a single course meal at the cafeteria restaurant, to get sufficient food and coffee entailed extra expense, and as neither my wife nor I had euros with us, as we didn't think that we would need them on this holiday, this was a problem.
In my opinion the scheduled connecting time of 45 minutes was insufficient at the best of times, involving disembarkation from the arriving plane, transfer to the terminal, getting through arrivals and getting to the departure gate, including going thriough security and boarding the ongoing flight.

Date of travel: September 2017
US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.