“Decent Airline”
Review of Arkia Israel Airlines

Reviewed 19 January 2020 via mobile

This airline was affordable, friendly and provided good service. The seats and room inside the plane were fairly comfortable. Only a couple of less than positive comments. The plane itself inside was not clean—food and garbage was clearly visible along the seat tracks and in the overhead bins so a good cleaning is needed. A bit better explanation that when you book online you don’t actually receive an Electronic ticket so that you don’t wait for one and panic when you don’t receive one and think you need to present it at the airport (you don’t. They just ask for your name).

• Value for money
Write a reviewReviews (719)

Reviewed 15 January 2020

totally out of control, staff ignored all decorum, passengers dressed for the beach, children doing acrobatics in the seats, too much noise

Date of travel: August 2019
1  Thank Isac A
Reviewed 7 January 2020

Three main reasons I would not book Arkia again!!!
1. I wanted to sit near the front with my husband and needed an aisle and middle seat. It wasnt possible to request this online. So I phoned Arkia to book two seats near the front and paid $24. I received a receipt for this purchase. When we arrived at the airport the two seats I had booked weren't available and the only seats available were near the back where I hadn't wanted to be. I had no choice but to take them. So I'd paid $24 for nothing. I was told by the check in staff that there was nothing they could do and that I needed to phone Arkia for a refund - I had no time to do this at the airport but I sent an email - unfortunately no response so far to this breach of contract on the part of Arkia...

2. The flight was 40 minutes late - it seemed to me that the reason for this was that there was no monitoring of the hand luggage passengers were bringing on board so cabin crew were having to spend 40 minutes looking for spaces to put people's hand luggage. The ticket terms said only one 7kg bag was allowed but I could see people with up to 4 pieces of hand luggage come on board. Other airlines do this so much better.

3. When we landed and were still moving several passengers got up to get their bags from the overhead lockers. The seat belt sign was still on but the cabin crew did and said nothing. This was a potentially dangerous situation and no one cared.

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 5 January 2020

Very bad
The worst air line in the world
Very bad service and very slow
Every thing took much more time

Reviewed 4 January 2020 via mobile

Flight out was OK. Some points to note:
- conflicting info on their website but it is a low cost airline and you are charged for a suitcase (as said on the ticket email to be fair). This wasn't to much but you have to pay at the airport
- likewise with food. They sell kosher sandwiches and pot noodles on the plane
- staff generally quite friendly and good natured

However our return flight was on a Friday at 8 am on a Friday and they changed it at late notice, but to their credit send an email (literally 100+ times) the night before that the flight is delayed 3 hours. The new time didn't work for us as we keep shabbat and the new time wouldn't get us home in time. No late night customer service left us somewhat high and dry

I would still fly with them if they were cheap enough and I didn't mind a bit of schedule risk

• Value for money
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.