“Why Executive Platinum”status” is a JOKE!”
Review of American Airlines

Why Executive Platinum does NOT WORK internationally——

Executive Platinum to Rome on AA? Don’t!! If you’re smart, book with Delta or you will spend 48 hours in an airport, have to book a hotel, and may even miss your cruise boat.

Hubby has traveled all over the world for his job using American Airlines. We use the American Airlines credit card weekly for groceries and gas racking up hundreds of $$$ dollars $$$ to earn points for trips…but WHY????

As I sit on a hard bench outside the terminal in Rome (for 10 hours bc they won’t let us check in until closer to our flight) and they have given us no vouchers or any €€€ compensation whatsoever, I’m wondering why we bother with AA “Executive platinum” status does nothing!!!

First, our trip with AA going to (FCO) Rome from Dallas DFW was delayed twice and canceled. We were sent to Charlotte and had to spend the night. No worries bc after all, we were given an airport voucher and had earned FREE points with our NOT so free credit card usage to get a hotel. But hey, no worries we told ourselves bc AA Execitive Platinum status would pay off- or would it?!! After much wrangling and working we were able to make a Rome connection and 38 hours later, we took off and since we booked a day early, didn’t miss the cruise ship.

The real HARD BENCH executive flatten-them-(buns) “experience” is our return trip-NOW- which is a NIGHTMARE. Bumped off multiple flights over 2 days.

Others in our party (who were on the same original flight as we were) found 3 seats on the AA website and re-booked while husband tried for over 2 hours with AA help desk. But.,,,,

Executive Platinum status did nothing for us!!!!

How did 3 others in our party get tickets and we did not???? When we called earlier and are Executive Platinum.

AA-Why??? #incompetence

Reviewed 29 May 2024

Worst service in life. Flight cancelled no information. No hotel. Asking to stand in big lines. Keep changing lane counter. Shouting . No answers . I never take American Airlines in my life .

Reviewed 29 May 2024

Unreal. First my flight from DCA to Phonix is delayed, which arrives well over an hour later to be told we'll have to stop in Kansas city for at least 30min to refuel. We'll there's missed connecting flights so that's 4 more hours added onto a 13hour travel day.

Way home, I get a text my flight has been canceled. They rebook me on a 20hour travel day to get me home at 1230pm on Thursday when I was scheduled and needed to be home on Wednesday. Spent 3 hours with a representative to fix this just to do ALL the leg work. I would search flight give them the flight numbers for them to tell me flight 1 is available but flight b and or c doesn't have seats. I tried to leave from 2 different airports sba and sbp to fly to bos or mht. I tried from sba and sbp to phx and dallas and Colorado for a connecting flight to bos or mht to be told no seats.

So result, spending 150$ for a rental car to drive 3hrs to lax to make it home on Wednesday. This of course doesn't include all the time I've missed with family having to work out my own plans when I already did that get here and now extra travel time to drive.

New england meteorologist are more accurate then AA ever will be. If you know you know.

Never ever ever ever ever flying them again.

Reviewed 29 May 2024

This company always cancel or delay their flight because of the weather. They let me sleep in the airport after delayed my flight 3 times. It was horrible

Reviewed 29 May 2024

Flight was delayed due to weather which is completely understandable, but when we arrived our connecting flight (on time) we had already been put on another flight because they believed we wouldn’t have made it on time. Standing in line at the gate they take my boarding pass then tell me I’ve already been booked for a flight a solid 10 hours later. Customer service was unable to help as it was “due to weather”. So here I am stuck at an airport with no type of assistance for any of the inconveniences I’ve been put through 👍🏽 no hotel, food transport or better flight

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.