“New England meteorologist are more on point then AA”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Unreal. First my flight from DCA to Phonix is delayed, which arrives well over an hour later to be told we'll have to stop in Kansas city for at least 30min to refuel. We'll there's missed connecting flights so that's 4 more hours added onto a 13hour travel day.

Way home, I get a text my flight has been canceled. They rebook me on a 20hour travel day to get me home at 1230pm on Thursday when I was scheduled and needed to be home on Wednesday. Spent 3 hours with a representative to fix this just to do ALL the leg work. I would search flight give them the flight numbers for them to tell me flight 1 is available but flight b and or c doesn't have seats. I tried to leave from 2 different airports sba and sbp to fly to bos or mht. I tried from sba and sbp to phx and dallas and Colorado for a connecting flight to bos or mht to be told no seats.

So result, spending 150$ for a rental car to drive 3hrs to lax to make it home on Wednesday. This of course doesn't include all the time I've missed with family having to work out my own plans when I already did that get here and now extra travel time to drive.

New england meteorologist are more accurate then AA ever will be. If you know you know.

Never ever ever ever ever flying them again.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This company always cancel or delay their flight because of the weather. They let me sleep in the airport after delayed my flight 3 times. It was horrible

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Flight was delayed due to weather which is completely understandable, but when we arrived our connecting flight (on time) we had already been put on another flight because they believed we wouldn’t have made it on time. Standing in line at the gate they take my boarding pass then tell me I’ve already been booked for a flight a solid 10 hours later. Customer service was unable to help as it was “due to weather”. So here I am stuck at an airport with no type of assistance for any of the inconveniences I’ve been put through 👍🏽 no hotel, food transport or better flight

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The flight was delayed an hour, so that instead of leaving at 9:57 pm, it left at 11 and a few minutes. We flew around JFK and presumably Washington DC, but then returned to JFK ... Without so much as an explanation. If you value your time, stay away from this airline.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Horrible experience there was a delay both way and late gate changes. The flight back to Dallas was 5 hours late because of so called weather! According to my family there’s been no weather today and now that we’re here still no weather but yet we’re still on the plane awaiting a gate for another hour! I will never fly American again!

Date of travel: May 2024
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.