“Disappointment all around”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 28 May 2024

This is the second time we have had a delay. If they actually took care of people instead of being rude and not caring, it would make a diffrence. I have seen single parents with kids left to figure out food, hotels and rides because the so called managment teams did not care and openly stated they did not care. I even volunteered to change flights 4 hours prior and they did nothing but say show up and we will see. I attempted to change flights and was unable so I waited for hours and they cancel an hour before. Pictures below

Reviewed 28 May 2024

What happened to having a light meal on a 3.5 hour flight? A cookie and juice is for kindergartners. Considering the sky high (pardon the pun) ticket prices, we need to get a little more.

Reviewed 28 May 2024

American cancelled my trip with less than 12 hours notice and automatically rebooked me on a flight that had me overnight in Dallas and miss my cousin's graduation (which was the whole reason for the trip). I tried calling the help line but I got discounted multiple times because their automatic systems is useless and does not work. I will never book with these idiots again.

Reviewed 28 May 2024

My flight on Friday, 5/24, was delayed multiple times resulting in a missed connection in CLT. So, I purchased a ticket on United. Instead of getting to MSY at 10pm, I arrived at 3:00am on Saturday, 5/25! Now today I was trying to get home. Flight got delayed 3x. Tried to call AA but wait time was 45 minutes. Went to airport and waited in line at the gate. Had 2 people before me and around 25 behind me with ONE person working the counter! Flight eventually cancelled. Given a hotel and whopping $12 food voucher. Tried to use voucher at one of the airport markets and was told “we only take Delta vouchers”. Hotel was supposed to be 2 miles from the airport, which it was not! Finally got to less-than-desirable hotel. No restaurant onsite, closest place to eat was Wendy’s across the busy street, filthy carpet, wallpaper peeling and mold around the bathtub. Decided to book a whole new one-way ticket with Delta to make sure I get home tomorrow. Will NEVER fly American. They are awful and their customer service is seriously lacking.

Reviewed 28 May 2024

Worst airline imaginable. Delayed every 45 minutes for 8 hours and then canceled flight. People working there said they didn’t know but then would tell us to stay there all day. Then the agents ran away (literally) and left hundreds of people without flights and saying that they would not give any vouchers. They blamed weather even though there wasn’t any bad weather that day but only on prior days. They let us show up to flights that they knew they couldn’t provide and then blamed weather from several days prior. Also if weather was an issue how come the other airlines were still flying people out?

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.