“Don’t Recommend”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 28 May 2024

Flight has been cancelled several times. Departure was 5 am and still not in Des Moines. The weather has been fine and no one has given any information.

Reviewed 28 May 2024

Best experience ever cabin crew was amazing in flight entertainment 10/10 and the pilot was very funny during the flight 10/10 best airline

Reviewed 28 May 2024

Flight got cancelled due to some technical fault. We were asked to talk to customer care which was places on the other end of the terminal (it was just a bench of 2 rude agents). They could have come to our gate instead of making us roam around with luggages. Even after standing in position 5 in the queue, we had to wait 2 hours 15 minutes for our turn. We were informed the flight was cancelled due to bad weather in Dallas (weather.com said everything was fine at Dallas though). Upon asking we were informed that those technical weather details won't be available on Google and general public cannot be educated about that (basically some nonsense reason was given to shut our mouth) and so he cannot book us hotels. We asked for a letter saying the flight has been cancelled so that we can claim refund from credit card insurance (we used Chase sapphire card to book the tickets). The customer agent said he cannot provide any such letter. Later we asked requested of he can at least take a photo of his computer screen so that we can submit that as a proof for our claim to chase credit card. He feared and said the reason for cancelling the flight was not weather and said he can book us hotels this time. It was clear scam by a big company. Never fly American airlines. We had to loose a lot of activities that we had booked at Costa Rica because of this. We understand that things can go wrong anytime, but that cannot be an excuse for them to treat us badly. Not worth flying American airlines

Reviewed 28 May 2024

The airlines was delayed and cancelled. I was rebooked into a flight to LGA which wasn't my final destination. The airlines was not supportive and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed 28 May 2024

The flight was supposed to leave at 7:55 pm than the captan announced "We have a problem on the air condition " After 2 hrs he said was fixed and we will flight .After moving and watching a videos about security he again announced the problem wasn't fixed and we can't fly . The flight was canceled . The fly attendants disappear For all this time (almost 3 hrs )we didn't have a water or anything .They keep saying stay in your place . Was a night mare . When we walked to outside nobody have any info to give to us and I had to translate everything to Americans because they were speaking in Spanish and Portuguese. The couple that I had to help told me that was the second time the flight was canceled ..Then they announced we need to go to Gate T14 that nobody new where it was. Nobody on the airport speaks English and to be honest nobody cares because they were not pay to give informations . I got lost because I didn't follow the crowd . When I finally found the gate was a mess. Everything in the airport was closed so this was around 1:50 am and no water and anything . The AA employee told me and i recorde it said that was the 3 time they canceled the same flight and they don't have another airplane. They offer a hotel that you have to find your transportation and $12 for dinner ..I refused it and had to find my bags...She sent me to another place to confirm and they said they would't send my bags to my house .I had to coming back to pic it up .They also didn't speak English and were nice to the ones who speak spanish .At that time I wasn't nice to nobody but they don't care . My husband drove back 2 hrs to pick me up . I got home 4/5pm and day after we star calling to get my bags ..We spoke with 5/6 people that also don't care about till the time one American guy knew what he was doing and found my bags and send it to my house 3 days after . Nothing works online and costumer services is the worse but seems like all airlines are doing the same and it's a bad time for us all .They have a plan and we are being treat as a animals .The difference is animals don't flight and pay for anything . We do

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.