“Horrible Customer Service”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 17 April 2024

AA customer service is non existent. Tried several times to put through a complaint online seeking a fair compensation (not even full refund) and was only given a ‘thank you for your feedback response’. The company hides behind computers with no accountability and greed at its core!

Date of travel: March 2024

Reviewed 17 April 2024

My Santorini (AA) flight was late to a connecting flight in Heathrow. We had to scramble to find a hotel (AA was out of vouchers) and taxi ( not refunded) to catch an early flight the next day. We had paid for upgraded seats and we did not get them nor did we even get seats together. I contested the $120 x2 charge on my credit card and they are FIGHTING IT. I will keep fighting too.

Date of travel: June 2023
Reviewed 17 April 2024

Excellent first class service made possible by our flight attendant, Shelly. She was so friendly and personable. She made everyone feel comfortable. Checked on everyone during the flight. Made sure everyone with a connecting flight had the correct information when we landed.

Reviewed 17 April 2024

First class is not what it used to be and American Air is setting their employees up to fail from the moment they arrive for work. First class flight started as they were asking for 5 ppl to give up their seats and fly some other way. The flight crew has no idea until they get there and have to deal with the mess that AA creates. In Philadelphia PA, the woman tried to push my mom up the ramp, (mom’s about 165lbs) and she lost control of my mom on the outdoor tarmac ramp. Mom had to grab the rail and was so afraid. Got on the plane and was told they switched to a smaller plane. The bathroom was all the way in the back. We bought first class for the meal and the close bathroom for my mother $4000 for 3 seats and all of the flights were terrible. Watching my elderly mother try to walk to the rear of the plane dying turbulence was beyond heartbreaking. Their planes are older and in need of repair. The poor flight attendant Michael, was yelled at by everyone in first class. They had no meals and only a few Veggie meals that were marked PM on the box, (they were from the night before). Prior to the flight, I told my diabetic mother not to eat any food because we were going to have an excellent lunch on board the plane. Delta serves sandwiches and cookies for lunch. I was so looking forward to mom being treated like royalty only to have her receive crackers. I couldn’t believe it, they had no food, only little snacks. What a huge mess for my mother to witness on her first big adventure. Both inside the airport at the gate counter and outside in the plane. Shame on you American Air. Can honestly tell you we will never fly AA again and we will not recommend AA to our friends and family. If the flight attendants were smart, get out now, go to another airlines that values you as an employee. American Air is making changes and leaving it up to the team on the front lines to deal with the mess at the gates and that says a lot about a companies culture. Will be flying Delta where the meals and service are above the rest. Image shows one of the veggie meals, marked PM from day before, per the flight crew. They had no protein meals. Huge disappointment! The flight home, the protein meal was a cracker pack, with the goat cheese. And the salad was a leaf and a sun-dried tomato. Just wow.

Reviewed 17 April 2024

Traveling with my cat. I take him with me wherever I go (usually) with no issue. Paying for him through American airlines to get on the plane is such a problem.

Cash isn’t accepted but I can’t make a payment online. For whatever reason, I also can’t tap my card and since I don’t have my physical card with me the advice given to me from the staff who has tried to help me is to

“ask strangers in the airport to help me by using their card and giving them the cash”

My jaw dropped. This is not only humiliating but also why is it happening at all? I was told I’d better “figure something out” when I called the airline to find a solution, so they were no help whatsoever. This company has gone completely tone deaf to their customers needs and I can’t believe that my experience is real its so bad.

Honestly, what is wrong with this airline? Are they so tone deaf to customer needs that they allow this kind of drama to unfold without caring at all? It was already more than enough problem trying to check baggage with all of their thousands of checked bag fees and rules and now this. NEVER will I willingly put myself (or my cat) on another American airlines flight.

Date of travel: April 2024
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.