“tap not allowed, cash not allowed, online payment also not allowed.”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 17 April 2024

Traveling with my cat. I take him with me wherever I go (usually) with no issue. Paying for him through American airlines to get on the plane is such a problem.

Cash isn’t accepted but I can’t make a payment online. For whatever reason, I also can’t tap my card and since I don’t have my physical card with me the advice given to me from the staff who has tried to help me is to

“ask strangers in the airport to help me by using their card and giving them the cash”

My jaw dropped. This is not only humiliating but also why is it happening at all? I was told I’d better “figure something out” when I called the airline to find a solution, so they were no help whatsoever. This company has gone completely tone deaf to their customers needs and I can’t believe that my experience is real its so bad.

Honestly, what is wrong with this airline? Are they so tone deaf to customer needs that they allow this kind of drama to unfold without caring at all? It was already more than enough problem trying to check baggage with all of their thousands of checked bag fees and rules and now this. NEVER will I willingly put myself (or my cat) on another American airlines flight.

Reviewed 17 April 2024

We checked in 2 hours before the flight. We checked 2 bags. On arrival at the Dominican Republic our checked bags did not arrive. AA claimed that the TSA held our bags. I have had a couple of instances when I've opened a checked bag and saw a TSA notification that the bag was inspected. When our two checked bags arrived the next day, there wasn't a notification in either bag. I firmly believe AA screwed up and tried to blame the TSA for their mistake. In the future we will only use AA as a last resort.

Reviewed 17 April 2024

was the first flight out and the plane was very dirty seats had crumbs and the pocket in the front had used tissues not impressed

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 16 April 2024

My old friend and I weren't having the best trip, so we decided it was best for us to sit apart from each other since we needed some space. When we got to the check-in counter, dealing with those frustrating touch computers that made everything more complicated, I asked the agent if we could have seats far apart. Unfortunately, she misunderstood me and ended up seating us together, which was the complete opposite of what we wanted. When we tried to explain the mistake, the manager, Daniel I believe his name was, got upset with us, making me feel like the victim since they misunderstood my request even though I had been clear.

My friend made a joking remark, saying "you should seat me next to someone with a baby," and believe it or not, they actually did. This made my travel experience a complete nightmare. I've decided I'm never flying with American Airlines again. It was very immature of them to handle the situation this way, especially since I was being polite and friendly with them. I totally understand how it feels to work in hospitality, but this was unacceptable.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 16 April 2024

They sent me a notice saying flight was delayed and that I needed to pick another flight. ✔️ the available flight was in 3 hours. I changed ( which seemed to be an upgrade actually) I get to thr airport to get a boarding pass which wasn't available online and the lady told me I couldn't check my bag bc it was too late..45 minutes. She was NOT NICE!. I got out of line and looked online, called .. no help. Back in line and the next women asked me why I missed my flight and as I was explaining she interrupted and never looked back. She really didn't care. She was rebooking me and told me she was trying to be nice but would put me on stand by if she wanted. Total blotch! She put me on the same flight I was on originally that their app told me I had to rebook bc it was delayed. 2 delays since that. 3 days ago nearly the same thing happened to my gf. Shi**y airline. Rude or no help. I'm done with them.

Date of travel: April 2024
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.