“lost a friend due to a horrible expperience”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 16 April 2024

My old friend and I weren't having the best trip, so we decided it was best for us to sit apart from each other since we needed some space. When we got to the check-in counter, dealing with those frustrating touch computers that made everything more complicated, I asked the agent if we could have seats far apart. Unfortunately, she misunderstood me and ended up seating us together, which was the complete opposite of what we wanted. When we tried to explain the mistake, the manager, Daniel I believe his name was, got upset with us, making me feel like the victim since they misunderstood my request even though I had been clear.

My friend made a joking remark, saying "you should seat me next to someone with a baby," and believe it or not, they actually did. This made my travel experience a complete nightmare. I've decided I'm never flying with American Airlines again. It was very immature of them to handle the situation this way, especially since I was being polite and friendly with them. I totally understand how it feels to work in hospitality, but this was unacceptable.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding

Reviewed 16 April 2024

They sent me a notice saying flight was delayed and that I needed to pick another flight. ✔️ the available flight was in 3 hours. I changed ( which seemed to be an upgrade actually) I get to thr airport to get a boarding pass which wasn't available online and the lady told me I couldn't check my bag bc it was too late..45 minutes. She was NOT NICE!. I got out of line and looked online, called .. no help. Back in line and the next women asked me why I missed my flight and as I was explaining she interrupted and never looked back. She really didn't care. She was rebooking me and told me she was trying to be nice but would put me on stand by if she wanted. Total blotch! She put me on the same flight I was on originally that their app told me I had to rebook bc it was delayed. 2 delays since that. 3 days ago nearly the same thing happened to my gf. Shi**y airline. Rude or no help. I'm done with them.

Reviewed 16 April 2024

Called American Airlines to try and cancel a flight due to medical situation. Did not want a refund, just a voucher for the amount of the fare. Of course this was not allowed, but the customer service representative was rude and acted as though my questions bothered her. In the same situation last week, Delta was more than helpful in giving a voucher for a flight change. Plus the customer service agent was more than polite and respectful. Actually tried helping the situation. If I can at all help it ,I'll never step foot on an American Airlines flight again.

• Customer service
1  Thank Sam R
Reviewed 16 April 2024

Has to be one of the worst companies to fly with. Since I’ve started flying back in 2010 I’ve had nothing but horrible experiences with American Airlines. This is the third time I’ve had to cancel my flight due to a death and I get told nope no way we can refund you even if you have flight insurance. Like how greedy can American Airlines really be. Would and will never recommend flying with them ever.

1  Thank Sunshine24569970536
Reviewed 16 April 2024

I was with my friend and in the plane we told the fly assistant if he can help us with our luggage and he said NO, so a passenger helped us . When we land , they were at the entrance waving goodbye and my friend told him It was nice experience but I didnt like you didnt help us with our luggage and He started yelling us saying Im not here to help people with their luggages !!! It was , Not to mention that he’s a tall person, it’s obvious that he exercises and we were two small girls. And When We told him it was in the nice way and he yelled and continued yelling us while we were leaving because we noticed he doesnt have education and we didn’t waste our time talking to him.
Bad experience and disappointment it

1  Thank Alexandra R
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.