“Never fly with American airlines”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 5 July 2022

They will cancel your flights, delay your flights, lose and irreparably damage you bags all in the same trip never apologize and never reimburse you

Modes of transportation I would rather take than ever fly American Airlines again
-car
- bus
-boat
-bike
-walk
-swim
-hot air balloon around the world in 80 days
-some kind of catapult?
-a different airline in which the plane is doomed to crash
-piggyback
-a cannon

Date of travel: June 2022
Write a reviewReviews (75,112)

Reviewed 5 July 2022

I was feeling jovial from a great vacation, & complimented the staff for the their cute 4th of July hats. Had about 1 hour to wait for the flight, so naturally stopped by the bar closest to the gate, about 5 gates away. We (my boyfriend and I) each had 2 drinks- 1 beer and 1 mixed beverage. As we were boarding the flight one of the staff says they will not let my boyfriend on board, when we asked why the rep said they wouldn't let us onboard because he smelled of alcohol.. then refused to help us find another flight or hotel. Furious and totally uncalled for. Neither of us were being rude or problematic, we are generally super unimposing and mild tempered, and were friendly and polite up until the point of being told we were not able to go home.. totally screwed us for no apparent reason. The American Airlines rep #IdalisaDelRosarioC., refused to contact a supervisor, then lied about putting us on another flight when she saw me warning other passengers not to drink at the bar. The other airport staff members actually tried to assist but weren't able to get very far. Ended up offering us a taxi, but not a hotel..
..Ended up stranded here. Looked to find a nearby hotel and just walked there from frustration. Rebooked a return flight with another airline for this afternoon.. hopefully we actually get to go home today. #peoplesuck

Date of travel: July 2022
Reviewed 4 July 2022

Canceled flight because of staffing issues, no pilot. We was stuck in Miami Florida. We had no where to stay for the night. We had to book an additional hotel stay, transportation, and food. The Airline continues to give us the run around in hopes that we give up.

Reviewed 4 July 2022

I had a very different experience flying with this airline compared to the others I have used. It took 2 and a half hours after take off to the first food and drinks to come around. There wasn’t enough room in the over head storage because they had allowed lots of people bring multiple hand luggage onboard with them. They were very disorganised and seemed stressed, it appeared that they were understaffed and this was reflected in the service.

Date of travel: July 2022
Reviewed 4 July 2022

I recently returned from a trip on American Airlines to Mexico and back. My overall experience of flying with them was excellent. The first leg of my flight was delayed a couple of hours (I think due to the aircraft being late). I arrived at DFW a few minutes after boarding should have closed for my connection, but they held the plane for me. I am very grateful.

In my experience, American flight crews are more experienced and professional than crews on other US airlines.

For entertainment, they allow you to watch movies/TV on your own device for free.

People generally write reviews of airlines on TA if they've had a bad experience, which is why very few airlines get good ratings.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.