“Had great flight to & from Waikiki”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 September 2021

During Covid, we've adjusted our reviews for airlines, hotels, restaurants and other venues, as we SO want them all to survive and realize the numerous challenges they are facing. So excellent during these trying pandemic times.

So, we have no problem if things were not as great as before Covid. We were able to be upgraded on our way to HI and only my husband got upgraded to 1st class. No problem at all. We feel SO blessed no matter what the circumstances to be able to fly to various cities in the US, while we've lost friends and colleagues to this pandemic.

Date of travel: August 2021
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank DebinSanFrancisco
Write a reviewReviews (75,383)

Reviewed 4 September 2021

The mask BS makes us laugh. The flight attendants love threatening to kick you out if your mask even comes slightly under your nose. Not sure how most people are happily complying with this. Just carry your fast food and eat during the entire flight and you can keep that mask off..just for your “Health” and safety. They should change their name from American to CCP. Pathetic!

2  Thank lassudani
Reviewed 4 September 2021

My sister bought a ticket from Palm Springs to Chicago to visit our family this Labor Day weekend. American didn't have a ticket for her on her first leg of the trip. They told her it didn't exist... Their desk clerks and phone customer service agents could not get her on the plane even though she had purchased the flight, had a confirmation number and itinerary. They could find tickets for the remaining legs of the trip, but not the first leg.
They left her with no options but to buy another ticket that day when the prices had risen greatly. She was unable to visit. We are incredibly disappointed in American Airlines.

2  Thank 979erinna
Reviewed 3 September 2021

American Airlines is completely inept. That, in itself, wouldn't be so bad if their customer service wasn't equally terrible.

Delta puts them to absolute shame.

Someday I will learn my lesson, and avoid booking with them. The results will be the same...as I will still end up not being on one of their planes or successfully reaching my destination with them.

3  Thank tommC1628KC
Reviewed 3 September 2021

Idk where to start the fact that I had a layover or that my flight was delayed 3 times with a hour increments each. Maybe if this wasn’t my first flight I would be a bit more understanding but no unacceptable as much as I can’t wait to fly my daughter on a plane I’ll be sure to drive a damn boat before using this unorganized company not to mention my TV isn’t working

3  Thank amazingaris
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.