“The ticket didn't exist?”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 September 2021

My sister bought a ticket from Palm Springs to Chicago to visit our family this Labor Day weekend. American didn't have a ticket for her on her first leg of the trip. They told her it didn't exist... Their desk clerks and phone customer service agents could not get her on the plane even though she had purchased the flight, had a confirmation number and itinerary. They could find tickets for the remaining legs of the trip, but not the first leg.
They left her with no options but to buy another ticket that day when the prices had risen greatly. She was unable to visit. We are incredibly disappointed in American Airlines.

2  Thank 979erinna
Write a reviewReviews (75,156)

Reviewed 3 September 2021

American Airlines is completely inept. That, in itself, wouldn't be so bad if their customer service wasn't equally terrible.

Delta puts them to absolute shame.

Someday I will learn my lesson, and avoid booking with them. The results will be the same...as I will still end up not being on one of their planes or successfully reaching my destination with them.

3  Thank tommC1628KC
Reviewed 3 September 2021

Idk where to start the fact that I had a layover or that my flight was delayed 3 times with a hour increments each. Maybe if this wasn’t my first flight I would be a bit more understanding but no unacceptable as much as I can’t wait to fly my daughter on a plane I’ll be sure to drive a damn boat before using this unorganized company not to mention my TV isn’t working

3  Thank amazingaris
Reviewed 3 September 2021

There are no other American Airlines flight and it has taken over an hour and the first bag for anyone hasn’t arrived.

2  Thank H8530JXfedericoa
Reviewed 2 September 2021

Transferred to this flight in DFW. Routine flight, not too crowded, was able to lie down on three seats in the middle of the plane. Good selection of movies and TV shows on the seat back entertainment system. Several food and drink services. American's website works well, booking the flight and seats was easy. One advantage of flying American to Madrid is you land at Terminal 4, the nicest and most convenient terminal.

Date of travel: August 2021
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.