“Gate agent set the tone….AA2839”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 2 September 2021

Demanding all bags, starting with group 5, be checked to final destination without investigation very poor service. Tone, approach of gate agents rude and uncalled for. We paid more for a non stop flight. Flight changed and routed thru Dallas per AA. 9 hours travel turned into 14. No refund for addl funds paid for nonstop.

Then to mandate your carry on be checked to final destination from Dallas to Paris - no toiletries, change of clothes or contact items very inconvenient. An assessment of final destination would have been most appropriate; more so, the tone and method for collection unnecessary. The agents with Allegiant more friendly….I’m sure those with final destination of Dallas would have been than willing to check their bags first…perhaps a reason to service United.

Date of travel: September 2021
1  Thank Dona H
Write a reviewReviews (75,155)

Reviewed 2 September 2021

I was booked to depart from Philadelphia to Rochester aug 27 at 930pm. The flight was delayed multiple times till we are finally told that the plane coming in around 1am will be cleaned and will get us out of there. The plane lands and then right when we think we are about to board we are told we have to wait till 8am. No hotel accommodation, no refunds, even if we wanted to leave we couldnt because our luggage was aboard and there was no one to get it off for us. I ended up sleeping in the terminal...well...i didnt really get much sleep but i was there. They lied when they told us the reason so the delays they lied about the pilot being "fatigued". They made sure to have armed police guarding the place when they broke the news knowing what they were doing was wrong.
The manager came out only to repeat the same useless info we already had. They were nice enough to give us snacks from the plane but not nice enough to do thier jobs.
I ended up sitting in the terminal for over 11 hours.
Ill never fly with American Airlines ever again. Those "fatigued" pilots sure had enough energy to literally run out of the airport away from all the people they screwed over.

2  Thank timothysandlin
Reviewed 2 September 2021

This was a regional jet from LAX to SFO. It departs from a remote terminal. You present yourself at Gate 52 and then need to take a bus to the remote terminal. Oddly enough the remote terminal is more attractive, more comfortable, and less crowded than the main terminal. If you have a large carry on you will check it as you get on and pick it up when you get off. Its a long walk from the arrival gate to luggage claim, but my bag was waiting when I arrived. No cabin service on this flight.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 1 September 2021

Last minute flight to visit my sick mother, so I needed to have a connecting flight in Dallas.
First flight was delayed...and delayed.... and delayed... No information given.
Other flights had already left for Dallas, but no attempts were made to help anyone switch. Our flight was finally cancelled. Only 2 people were at the desk to help everyone find options even thought there was an AA service desk right next to the gate.

Finally, after 2 hours got set up on a flight to Dallas.
Flight in Dallas was delayed.... Eventually told we needed to switch gates.
Everyone standing waiting to board.... 30 minutes I have 2 herniated discs

Boarded the plane. They forgot the luggage at the other gate.
Took 1.5 hours sitting on the plane, no service.
Even the pilot had no explanation.

Will never fly AA again

• Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Stretch55555
Reviewed 1 September 2021

I flew American Airlines from St Louis to Daytona Beach. This trip had a layover in Charlotte, NC. The initial flight from St Louis to Charlotte was delayed 3 hours, and the flight from Charlotte to Daytona was outright cancelled. I was forced to spend the night in Charlotte. I waited for my checked bags in Charlotte until 1AM to find out that all staff able to retrieve my checked bag had left for the night, so I missed my shuttle to the Charlotte hotel and had to pay for an Uber to the hotel. I insisted I needed my checked bag since there were prescriptions inside of my checked bag, but American Airlines staff refused to retrieve my checked bag. I was given 1 meal voucher and one hotel voucher. However, the hotel voucher did not cover the total cost of the room in Charlotte. American did not cover the cost of the Uber either. In summary, the airline appeared to be understaffed with disgruntled employees littered throughout my experience.

1  Thank Nicholas S
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.