“Good flight from LAX to SFO”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 2 September 2021

This was a regional jet from LAX to SFO. It departs from a remote terminal. You present yourself at Gate 52 and then need to take a bus to the remote terminal. Oddly enough the remote terminal is more attractive, more comfortable, and less crowded than the main terminal. If you have a large carry on you will check it as you get on and pick it up when you get off. Its a long walk from the arrival gate to luggage claim, but my bag was waiting when I arrived. No cabin service on this flight.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (74,848)

Reviewed 1 September 2021

Last minute flight to visit my sick mother, so I needed to have a connecting flight in Dallas.
First flight was delayed...and delayed.... and delayed... No information given.
Other flights had already left for Dallas, but no attempts were made to help anyone switch. Our flight was finally cancelled. Only 2 people were at the desk to help everyone find options even thought there was an AA service desk right next to the gate.

Finally, after 2 hours got set up on a flight to Dallas.
Flight in Dallas was delayed.... Eventually told we needed to switch gates.
Everyone standing waiting to board.... 30 minutes I have 2 herniated discs

Boarded the plane. They forgot the luggage at the other gate.
Took 1.5 hours sitting on the plane, no service.
Even the pilot had no explanation.

Will never fly AA again

Date of travel: July 2021
1  Thank Stretch55555
Reviewed 1 September 2021

I flew American Airlines from St Louis to Daytona Beach. This trip had a layover in Charlotte, NC. The initial flight from St Louis to Charlotte was delayed 3 hours, and the flight from Charlotte to Daytona was outright cancelled. I was forced to spend the night in Charlotte. I waited for my checked bags in Charlotte until 1AM to find out that all staff able to retrieve my checked bag had left for the night, so I missed my shuttle to the Charlotte hotel and had to pay for an Uber to the hotel. I insisted I needed my checked bag since there were prescriptions inside of my checked bag, but American Airlines staff refused to retrieve my checked bag. I was given 1 meal voucher and one hotel voucher. However, the hotel voucher did not cover the total cost of the room in Charlotte. American did not cover the cost of the Uber either. In summary, the airline appeared to be understaffed with disgruntled employees littered throughout my experience.

1  Thank Nicholas S
Reviewed 1 September 2021

Delays coming and going. More concerned about masks than anything else. Tmwirst part of our trip was flying aa

1  Thank robcP1505QT
Reviewed 31 August 2021

STAY AWAY!!!! Pay more money with another airline, it’s NOT worth it! I had $1900 out-of-pocket expenses American is refusing to reimburse me for. I have been a customer of American Airlines (AA) for many years; I hold a Premium AAdvantage Card (with over 110K points) and I also hold an Admiral's Club Card as well. On 8/14/21 I was on vacation with my family (wife and two children) returning home. It started off with the flight from Savannah to Charlotte. We were supposed to depart at 12:43pm, with a connecting flight to Boston at 3:02pm. The flight kept getting delayed (and terminals moved) and we did not take off until almost 2:45pm (Already missing connecting flight). On top of that, the aircraft had a poorly working ground Air Conditioner (87 degrees outside; did not work well in the air as well). We were then diverted to Willington NC due to a ‘pop-up’ storm. We sat on the tarmac for over 2 HOURS with no ground A/C. Finally, they moved us to a terminal; where we sat for another 3hrs. We then attempted to get a secondary flight home (since we missed our connecting flight) and we were given the “OPTION” of flying back to Boston 2 ½ days later, which would be the ‘earliest flight’ for four people. To make it home on-time for work, we booked with another airline (4 tickets). We finally took-off and got back to Charlotte at 10pm. American Airlines gave us no information when we landed, nor was there anyone to give us direction after landing so late. We rented a hotel room and paid for an uber to/from the hotel. (We also had to pay for additional day of parking and a day of kennel for my dog after finally making home). This mistake of American Airlines cost me in total $1,900.00 because of the original delay of flight (weather was fine up until our LATE landing point). I filed paperwork online with AA Customer Relations. I was THEN contacted by AA customer relations (after two weeks after putting in a ‘complaint’ and request for reimbursement) and they informed me that “Only the hotel would be reimbursed; we do not cover other ‘out-of-pocket’ expenses, since they offered me a flight home 2 ½ days later…SERIOUSLY??? I went as far as speaking to a Supervisor at AA who also reiterated the same information. Their new logo should be “AMERICAN AIRLINES, SOONER OR LATER WE’LL GET YOU SOMEWHERE...”

1  Thank Brian S
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.