“Well…”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 31 August 2021

Our experience with American Airlines was not the best as we thought it would be. This was the first time that American Airlines has charged us 90 dollars for each checked bag and we could’ve used those 90 dollars for a taxi because that was our only source of money that we had for our trip. On our first flight to our layover wasn’t bad but disappointing because of the fact that the seats weren’t cleaned at all, the airplane was an old airplane, and they only offered us some cookies to eat on that 4 hour flight! On our second flight once again the seat wasn’t cleaned and they have only gave us cookies and water which was very poorly of them to do when they charge us a lot for our flight ticket. I believe that they should start thinking of upgrading their food options because they have earned/have enough money to give passengers other things than just cookies like com’on. They don’t even offer a tv for economy class and they just mostly charged us a lot of money for almost everything. Very disappointing American Airlines. If you are doing this for people to pay for buisness or first class, big mistake American Airlines and you will eventually be on the number one worst airlines

1  Thank 884alexaq
Write a reviewReviews (75,353)

Reviewed 31 August 2021

Done with American Airlines always an issue when you fly American Airlines used to be good it was convenient because they are the largest and they have flights to go everywhere the problem is they don’t have anybody to work anymore. it’s always late there’s always a pilot missing or crew missing or a mechanical issue or something on every flight guaranteed - you cannot count on them for anything and they don’t care about your problems there is zero customer service.

1  Thank Bob N
Reviewed 30 August 2021 via mobile

Flight was delayed several times. Had trouble getting my checked bag even though we specifically asked about this issue before leaving the airport. Had to spend the night in Dallas airport. I will NEVER fly American Airlines again. Terrible customer service and attitudes.

1  Thank X9450RLwendyb
Reviewed 30 August 2021 via mobile

Beware of American Airlines: they seam to have at least 30 passengers on standby on most flights!
We were scheduled to leave Athens at 12:45 on a Saturday they told the waiting area it had been delayed - ok - after 2 more hours we boarded! We were on the plane about 1 1/2 hours and then ask to get off the plane and when we returned to the waiting area we were told the plane fuel gauge was not right and they needed to shut the system down and reboot - so another 2 hours at this time no water or food was offered!! About 4:30 we were to reboard -so here we go back on the plane after about an 1 hour or 2 we were told the the flight would be delay or canceled until 8 am the next morning and that we were to collect our luggage and go back to the waiting area! In the waiting area we were told that you should go to luggage area and to collect all check luggage and someone from American airline would stay with us at all times!! Down in luggage we were told that they were trying to find a hotel for 250 people at that once we got our luggage we were to go outside for a bus and that American Airlines would get use all scheduled to fly and make all our connection the next day! So we get on these buses not knowing we’re we are going! Get to a hotel and we are told we are to be back in the lobby in the morning at 4 am to get a bus back to the airport! Next day get to the airport at 5 am and there is not one American employee to greet use! We have to line up - my daughter and I were in priority and we wait 2hr in line because they did not reschedule anyone!!!! They gave use our ticket and we were first/business is what we paired for and we were in economy! I put it a claim and American Airlines gave me $29.00 for me $29.00 for my daughter!
I am soooooo not happy with American Airline and would never suggest flight them!!

Date of travel: July 2021
1  Thank Busbyga
Reviewed 28 August 2021

American significantly disrespects their customers and does nothing to address it, ever. Would take more energy to type out how poorly they’ve handled the last 4 flights I’ve booked with them than I have blood pressure to handle but suffice it to say - friends don’t let friends fly American Airlines.

3  Thank tmoneythe1st
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.