“American Airlines = bad experiences”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 30 August 2021 via mobile

Flight was delayed several times. Had trouble getting my checked bag even though we specifically asked about this issue before leaving the airport. Had to spend the night in Dallas airport. I will NEVER fly American Airlines again. Terrible customer service and attitudes.

1  Thank X9450RLwendyb
Write a reviewReviews (75,383)

Reviewed 30 August 2021 via mobile

Beware of American Airlines: they seam to have at least 30 passengers on standby on most flights!
We were scheduled to leave Athens at 12:45 on a Saturday they told the waiting area it had been delayed - ok - after 2 more hours we boarded! We were on the plane about 1 1/2 hours and then ask to get off the plane and when we returned to the waiting area we were told the plane fuel gauge was not right and they needed to shut the system down and reboot - so another 2 hours at this time no water or food was offered!! About 4:30 we were to reboard -so here we go back on the plane after about an 1 hour or 2 we were told the the flight would be delay or canceled until 8 am the next morning and that we were to collect our luggage and go back to the waiting area! In the waiting area we were told that you should go to luggage area and to collect all check luggage and someone from American airline would stay with us at all times!! Down in luggage we were told that they were trying to find a hotel for 250 people at that once we got our luggage we were to go outside for a bus and that American Airlines would get use all scheduled to fly and make all our connection the next day! So we get on these buses not knowing we’re we are going! Get to a hotel and we are told we are to be back in the lobby in the morning at 4 am to get a bus back to the airport! Next day get to the airport at 5 am and there is not one American employee to greet use! We have to line up - my daughter and I were in priority and we wait 2hr in line because they did not reschedule anyone!!!! They gave use our ticket and we were first/business is what we paired for and we were in economy! I put it a claim and American Airlines gave me $29.00 for me $29.00 for my daughter!
I am soooooo not happy with American Airline and would never suggest flight them!!

Date of travel: July 2021
1  Thank Busbyga
Reviewed 28 August 2021

American significantly disrespects their customers and does nothing to address it, ever. Would take more energy to type out how poorly they’ve handled the last 4 flights I’ve booked with them than I have blood pressure to handle but suffice it to say - friends don’t let friends fly American Airlines.

3  Thank tmoneythe1st
Reviewed 28 August 2021

My first flight got canceled and then rerouted 5 times with barely any assistance. Flight got canceled mid way through the first flight and had to call to get another flight same day. I kept getting lost because I was put into unknown airports and was offered zero assistance with getting flights to connect to where I was trying to go.

3  Thank NoxRose
Reviewed 28 August 2021

A six hour trip turned into a 13 hour trip that didn’t even get us to our final destination. ALL THREE flights were delayed and they kept screwing us over harder each time with no apologies or even a warning. Horrible customer service all around - except for the ONE flight attendant who gave us two packages of graham crackers after sitting on a plane for 2.5 hours without moving. We hadn’t eaten all day but they wouldn’t let us do anything. YOU’VE BEEN WARNED!

3  Thank samit873
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.