“Best Flight Ever!”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 25 March 2020

On our morning flight on 25 March from London Heathrow to Miami we had the best service from the lovely flight crew. It was during the coronavirus scare, so we probably had more attention than on a normal flight, but the crew treated us like royalty! It was the most enjoyable flight I've ever had and I would love to thank the crew for taking such good care of us. Probably the best airplane fold I've ever had as well!

Date of travel: March 2020
Write a reviewReviews (72,623)

Reviewed 24 March 2020 via mobile

On a 5 hour flight, round trip, it was frustrating that I couldn’t even watch/hear the on screen TV and movies. The outlet on both flights to plug my EarPods in was broken. I mentioned it to the flight attendant, and all I got was a RUDE, “I can’t do anything about it”. When it came time for the flight attendants to hand out snacks, we were given the choice of a tiny bag of 5 pretzels or a tiny stick of two cookies. On a long flight, I was hungry, when they came around for the second round of drinks, I kindly asked if it was possible to get another pack of cookies, I got an attitude and the response was, I will have to find them. The flight attendants were not friendly at all, they all gave the attitude like they hated their job and everyone was a bother to them. Not a comfortable or friendly flight at all.

3  Thank PurpleDaisy18
Reviewed 24 March 2020

My partner and I were unable to make our original British Airways flights from Costa Rica Via Miami back to the UK due to Covid-19 and U.S border closures invalidating our estas. Essentially, we had to stay an additional day to be able to travel home and British Airways (who we booked with) were unable to offer any alternatives flights home and trued to charge us $6,000. American Airlines customer service staff in Costa Rica were amazing, they made the necessary phone calls, found us a couple of flight options to get back to the UK that weekend and even were able to sit us together! They did all this free of charge and made it a lot less stressful than trying to get through to British Airways on the phone lines (impossible!).

The service on the flight as well was brilliant despite stressful times for everyone given the current situation.

Morale of story - Avoid BA and fly AA! :)

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank 483jennav
Reviewed 24 March 2020

We splurged with first class tickets and the service and comfort were great, as expected. I was disappointed to find there were no tv screens built into the seat backs as it was an older plane. I had counted on being able to watch a movie in-flight. This service is heavily promoted as part of first class service. There should be a pop-up message or some sort of disclaimer that not all planes have movie service available. Also when the person in front of me reclined, it was impossible for the window seat passenger to get out to use the restroom. Otherwise, it was great.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank ericandtracy
Reviewed 24 March 2020

We had a confirmed flight back to US from Roatan (3/22). We called AA to verify flight and was told the flight was cancelled. They nicely rebooked us for following week (3/28). Couple days later we called again to verify and was told that our flight was still valid, after asking a few more questions to get a better assurance, agent told me the flight was cancelled and that there was nothing available until early May and she suggested we cancel reservation and seek a refund. I asked about their help with finding another flight on different airline and was basically told - good luck, your on your own. After many calls and conversations with different airlines - United Airlines added a couple more flights and we booked through them. unAmerican Airlines - leaving customers stranded and not offering any assistance to get back home - boo boo - not cool

2  Thank lyndakay
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.