“friendly and on time!”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 28 December 2019

We had the first flight out of GSP and flight was on time to MIA and then on to Liberia. Flight crew was great - no issues whatsoever! We always have great service with American Airlines.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (71,315)

Reviewed 28 December 2019

I routinely see people complain about American Airlines compared to others such as Delta and Alaska. My experiences have always been the opposite. They’re always routinely on time, the seats feel more spacious and flight attendants are always top notch.

Reviewed 28 December 2019

They separated our seats and even tho there were sets available that could have been linked together, they placed us on different rows.
Very disappointed and upsetting.

Reviewed 28 December 2019

Recently I flew from Sarasota to Las Vegas connecting through Dallas Forth Worth. I have read some horror stories about both American Airlines and the DFW airport. I have not flown American in more than six years. But my recent experience on both flights and the connection in Dallas went off without a hitch.

The regional jet flight had a comfortable first class seat and a friendly and attentive flight attendant. Drinks were promptly refilled and a cold plate grilled chicken meal was offered. The flight was 35 minutes late due to air traffic control issues in Sarasota. But I still had one hour and 20 minutes to make my connection in Dallas. So no anxiety about connections.

The flight to Las Vegas was on-time and had very comfortable first class seats. I liked the fact that I could pre-reserve my meal choice when I bought the ticket the week prior. This is a great idea so that no one misses out on their choice. Once again, the flight attendants were professional and attentive providing good service. Upon arrival in Las Vegas, my bag was the third bag off the carousel due to the Priority Baggage handling I receive as a benefit of my first class ticket.

I cannot overstate the comfort in the first class seats. On most airlines domestic economy class flights between 3 and 5 hours, I get a sore back and it takes a few days to feel better. But in the first class cabin on these two flights not one area of my body was sore afterwords. The Sarasota airport was closer and more convenient for me. I could have flown Southwest non-stop to Las Vegas from Tampa and get the flying done with no connection, but they are an all economy seat sardine can that have giving me great aches and pains in the past. This is the reason I tried American’s domestic first. The fare was the same as Southwest’s full-fare economy.

Dallas Fort Worth was a monster of an airport. The signage was good though and directed me to the Skytrain where I then transferred from terminal B to terminal C to get to my gate for the Las Vegas flight. The airport is a constant mob of people and dirty in some areas. But the overall experience went well with no problems. Maybe I was just lucky since I have heard a lot of complaints about American and DFW airport. But based on these flights, American in my view is a solid 4 star airline.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 28 December 2019 via mobile

Took a roundtrip flight from DFW to FT LAUDERDALE. BOTH trips were pleasant, except return flight I had to endure a crying toddler who threw tantrums most of return flight. American Airlines overall was excellent! Will use AA on my next trip sometimes in 2020.

US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.