“Great flight with mild delay before takeoff returning to Miami”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 25 June 2019

Great flights from Houston to Miami and Miami to Santo Domingo. Crew on American are always friendly and helpful. The return flight was delayed briefly. This was the day before the Beoing 737 MAX planes were grounded in the US and was one of the last flights that evening so I'm sure it was related to increased pre-flight safety checks. No complaints from me about that.

Date of travel: March 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (71,314)

Reviewed 25 June 2019

Ok service at check-in counter or in flight. Can't complain more as no more choice for other flights due to timing limitation. The tempreture in the cabin is just too cold...couldn't stay longer than a 4-hour trip...

2  Thank mimi_tian
Reviewed 25 June 2019 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised as we booked BA. We had a ball. Welcomed on board with genuine smiles, relaxed and ready to be helpful body language. Excellent array of drinks, the food not dry and nasty, crazy selection of movies and the screen size...I didn't need my glasses. American Airlines gained new customers

Reviewed 25 June 2019

This is the first time I have ever written a review for anything. I can not get over the way American Airlines has treated myself and it’s other customers on this flight. We had been planning our family vacation for over a year. Had our itinerary all planned out. Reservations, tour, experiences, etc all booked and paid for. Our flight was delayed an hour. And then another hour, and again and again. After 5 hours they canceled our flight at 3AM. All they offered us was food vouchers. Absolutely no help rebooking. No hotels. Nothing. We had to cancel all of our original plans and can only hope our hotel and everything else we already booked will refund us. Food vouchers? Seriously? Unbelievable.

Reviewed 25 June 2019

This is the first review I have ever written. We had a girls trip planned to Barcelona for 5 days, for our direct flight, without much explanation, our flight was delayed 5 hours and cancelled. American offered us "food vouchers" if we went online, had no options to rebook us that weren't 4 days away ( thats the whole trip), and were extremely rude in the process. We made lemons into lemonade, cancelled our trip, and went to the only place we could go last minute through American for 6 people, Turks and Caicos. On our flight back out of Charlotte, we were delayed 5 hours and the flight was cancelled. Zero Reimbursements. Zero Help. They wont help with hotels, food, or rebooking. We got ourselves on now a connecting flight tomorrow and have to sit up all night at the airport waiting. Everyone has been rude, no vouchers, no reimbursements. Luckily I have all night to write reviews ( go big or go home once you start I suppose). I would NOT fly American, I have been a loyal customer for years, and this treatment has been appalling. Fly United or Southwest.

US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.