“Flight to Florida”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was happy with the flight and service. Customer centric. Flight on time which is always a bonus.lots of leg room. Heidi in at the airport is a breeze. Always happy to help you.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (54,035)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight attendants were rude to several people near me, brushing off requests and looking like they wanted to be anywhere but on that flight. All of us were appalled at airport Customs. We were required to take off shoes, go through a metal detector, and stand on one hand with a smile. But we are tough travellers are are accustomed to insults - to a point. Then came the longest snake line before Customs that I have ever seen. The shoes off, through the metal detector dance was repeated by US Customs. Clearly, ICE and Aruba Customs are not talking to each other. This problem must be fixed before I will return to Aruba.

Date of travel: January 2019
1  Thank Papamiento
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

American has a difficult time with being on time to/from Aruba; this was the 3 time in 5 years we were affected by more than 2 hours and missed a connection.

It's always equipment issues that seem to surface creating a chaotic recovery. Add to that the Aruba personnel are not on top of the process of efficient boarding and it's a combination that provides us with a "never again on American from/to Aruba".

There's too many choices with Jet Blue and Delta that have better service and track records.

Once airborne service is comparable, not distinguished from others, and aircraft is usually clean and comfortable as long as you have business or extra room seats. Pitch decreases recently make the ride very uncomfortable for anyone over 6 feet tall.

1  Thank fcarr
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently flew from Shanghai to Dallas via a B787-9 Dreamliner in Business Class. The aircraft was fairly new and in good shape and offered lie-flat business class seats with an excellent entertainment system, enjoyed with complimentary Boise headphones. There were a number of newly released movies to choose from. The in-flight menu offered a choice of two white wines and two red. For dinner: Marinated Beef Filet, Kung Pao Shrimp, Slow Roasted Duck and Szechuan Style Tofu and Vegtables. I chose the roasted duck and found it to be quite tasty. I had a hot fudge sundae with extra hot fudge and nuts and thought that it was quite delicious. For a mid-flight snack we had a choice of chinese egg noodle with chicken or a roast beef sandwich. I chose the noodles and they were quite tasty. For our light meal prior to arrival we had a choice of a Crabmeat Burger, or Stir-Fried Chicken. I chose the crabmeat and found it to be delightful. The crew was professional and very friendly and efficient and thought that they did an excellent job. I would recommend flying American Business Class to friends and family.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I flew on a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner in Business class from DFW to PVG. The flight crew who I encountered were professional, friendly and very accommodating. The aircraft was in pretty good condition and the flight attendants kept the bathrooms very nicely clean, This aircraft has very comfortable lay-flat business seats and offers a very good entertainment system with a number of newly released movies that can be enjoyed with complimentary Boise headsets. The Cole Hann amenity bag was nice and included all the usual items (socks, toothbrush, mouthwash, hand cream, tissues, pen and a reusable shoe bag. (Bed) slippers were also provided. Our menu choices were Beef filet mignon, General Tso chicken, Panko crusted prawns and miso marinated tofu. I had the prawns and found them to be quite tasty. Desert was a hot fudge sundae, with nuts and whipped cream, or cheese plate. I had the hot fudge sundae with extra hot fudge and nuts. It was heavenly. I also had a pastrami sandwich for a mid-flight snack and a Quiche Lorraine lunch prior to arrival. This was a great flight and would recommend flying business class to friends and family.