“Business Class From Dallas to Shanghai”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I flew on a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner in Business class from DFW to PVG. The flight crew who I encountered were professional, friendly and very accommodating. The aircraft was in pretty good condition and the flight attendants kept the bathrooms very nicely clean, This aircraft has very comfortable lay-flat business seats and offers a very good entertainment system with a number of newly released movies that can be enjoyed with complimentary Boise headsets. The Cole Hann amenity bag was nice and included all the usual items (socks, toothbrush, mouthwash, hand cream, tissues, pen and a reusable shoe bag. (Bed) slippers were also provided. Our menu choices were Beef filet mignon, General Tso chicken, Panko crusted prawns and miso marinated tofu. I had the prawns and found them to be quite tasty. Desert was a hot fudge sundae, with nuts and whipped cream, or cheese plate. I had the hot fudge sundae with extra hot fudge and nuts. It was heavenly. I also had a pastrami sandwich for a mid-flight snack and a Quiche Lorraine lunch prior to arrival. This was a great flight and would recommend flying business class to friends and family.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (53,955)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I fly with American a lot, but have recently experienced a marked deterioration in customer service. On separate occasions over the last couple of weeks, I have found one or two of the check in staff at DFW unhelpful. I have been referred to the check in machines - I.e. essentially refused a desk service until boarding pass printed - while the check in staff have subsequently gazed into space/middle distance, and seemingly studiously ignored me. Not sure if this is new policy but it seems an odd approach if it is. Not only that but the machines are often slow or require human intervention. This can cause queues which I can't help think could be alleviated if the staff were to take a different approach. This is really disappointing as I've been a customer of American for a number of years.

1  Thank deanm321
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flew this flight on 12/01/2019. It was a very disorganized from the get go. The boarding process was rather chaotic. It seemed to be an older,worn plane & the in-flight entertainment did not work well. If you did not bring your own headphones, you were out of luck, as none were offered. It took well over 2 hours to complete just beverage service. I should have used good judgment & brought my own beverage. The flight attendants were confused & it seemed as though they were last minute fill ins. It was a 6+ hour flight & we were delayed for 30 minutes due to strong headwinds. I think the main thing that kept the passengers going was the fact that we would end up in Maui! Next time, I will fly the triple 7, direct from DFW to OGG, a much more comfortable ride.

Date of travel: December 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I live in Dayton, which is 90 minutes from CMH. Chose Columbus departure due to expense as there was a significant difference in price. The other option was United through Chicago, again expensive. We do not have Southwest here.

All flights were on time. The planes were a little on the0 ld side, but clean. Staff were efficient and friendly with few exceptions. I chose to say a small upgrade fee to get aisle seats. Most flights were not full, which was really pleasant! The return was the best as it went via Charlotte instead of DFW, cutting the total flight time over an hour.

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We waited 5 hours for a problem that we always have with this airline they don’t have a flight attendant then they say ohh sorry we can’t control your plane sorry then they bring you back to the gate it is horrible the customer service was bad never flying American Airlines again

1  Thank Gajdfd