“VERY GOOD FLIGHT”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 16 November 2018

Flight departures on time, flight attendance were very nice and were able to help with all my needs. Smooth flight , did not feel anything while in the air. Arrived to destination before plan time

• Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (53,979)

Reviewed 16 November 2018 via mobile

Every time I fly AA I am reminded why I don’t like it.

I realize many factors are beyond the airline’s control, but their are things they could have done to help, but didn’t.

Our departure was delayed, which meant my short layover would be even shorter, at about 45 minutes, but that didn’t worry me much. My connecting gate was in the same terminal (B).

However, when we arrived, at 8:40, it took a while for the jetway, while everyone was standing in the aisle. I was in the back (row 35), so I kept checking the time. It took about 5 minutes for people to start exiting the plane. I timed it and estimated how long it would take, and it seemed like I would just barely make it, since my next leg was scheduled to depart at 9:25. Sadly, the young lady next to me needed to get to Terminal F, where her connection would depart at 9:30.

The flight attendants could have asked passengers to allow people with connecting flights to exit first, which would have helped, since most passengers were not trying to make connections. I have been on flights where they did that, and I didn’t mind waiting when I didn’t have a connection. I did ask passengers in the row in front of me if they had connections, which they didn’t, and they all graciously allowed me to get in front of them.

As it was, I ran to my gate and made it just in time to hear them calling my name, with 3 minutes before they closed the door. I’m sure the young lady missed her connection.

I appreciate getting safely to my destination and making my connection, but it seems like the airline should be more considerate of passengers when they are late. Don’t they know when travellers have connecting flights?

Don’t departing flights know when passengers arrive late from other flights? Both legs of my flight were American Airlines.

Also, there is something about the seats on AA that prevent me from comfortably relaxing. I’m 6’ tall. When I try to relax, I get tingling in my arms. It’s like the seat doesn’t support my back right. I don’t have that problem on Southwest Airlines, which is the carrier I prefer.

1  Thank rickbL4465DI
Reviewed 16 November 2018

My wife and I have agreed not fly first class on American Airlines again - it really was not worth it. We enjoyed our larger seats and space, but the food service and 'I could care less' attitude of our attendant was very disappointing.

This was an early flight so we got breakfast. Our choices were "Do you want breakfast or not" which was a box of cereal, a box of milk, a yogurt and some sad fruit. I don't mean to be snobby, but I was expecting a hot breakfast option or two - this was a 3+ hour flight.

Taking our tray away took forever and I don't know why. Our attendant was just on her phone. Then during the rest of flight she checked on us once, maybe twice. Again, this was a 3+ hour flight.

Bottom line: American Airlines First Class is not worth the money.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 16 November 2018

Very smooth flight. Plane was full. Flt attendants were very personable / professional. Plane left on time & got in early. No issues other than a long wait for my bag after arrival.

Reviewed 16 November 2018

If you can, travel 1st class and enjoy ALL the Cocktails you would like. Please make sure someone else is driving you from the airport though :)
The Flight attendants every time we have flown have been so nice and pleasant !! The meal options have been limited though. That and several times they have run out of one of the options and we had to settle for a Veggie Wrap, really ? They should have enough for all the 1st class passengers and if they have leftover meals, let the coach passengers buy them !! They Never run out of Alcohol , Thank the Lord !!