“Quick Flight, Even after being Delayed.”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 10 October 2018

Even though we were Delayed 30 mins from our Take Off time, we still managed to make up time and had a very Quick Flight home, arriving back in Glasgow after 5hrs 35 min flight very quick...The Flight itself, was smooth.

1  Thank annemacmillan
Write a reviewReviews (71,729)

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Specifically booked our flights to Venice so we would fly on the 787 as that is one of my favorite planes to fly in these days. It is a sweet ride for sure. ✈️. Highly recommend buying premiere economy seats too. You get a lot more leg room and on an overseas flight it is a must making it a whole lot more comfortable. The windows have cool tinted shades. With the push of a button the window goes dark!

The entertainment system is also state of the art. Nice large screens with great movies and TV shows. I love keeping track of my flight progress too. Definitely keeps me busy for 8.5 hours.

Food service was average. Honestly the flight attendants always have attitude on American Airlines. (We also fly Southwest and they just seem to have more fun and are truly nicer.) No problem with the food quality. For dinner service, I had a tasty chicken dish (as far as airplane food goes) that was served hot. You also got a dinner roll, cheese, salad and small dessert. I can’t remember what they served for breakfast except I do remember it being small as I was still hungry. I want to say it was a muffin and yogurt, but I really can’t say for sure.

When all is said and done, the plane is just amazing and we arrived safely! The service is just average, but as everyone knows flying isn’t really like it used to be. Can’t complain too much I guess as we did not have any issues like stupid people flushing diapers down the toilet!

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

What a sorry excuse for an airline! Why bother having a schedule when it's ignored? Unannounced gate changes, nonchalant and rude employees and overall poor service. Last time for us, going back to Southwest.
tjrowles@gmail.com

Date of travel: October 2018
1  Thank TjRowles
Reviewed 9 October 2018

I flew LAX -MIA - SJU -& SJU - CLT - LAS in business/first class.

If you can get the 777-200 from LAX to MIA then do, a fully lie flat first class much better than all the other planes they fly from there. Great food and really good service, so different to other AA flights.

The 767-300 from MIA to SJU was good because it was lie flat but lacked an IFE system though it was only 3 hours so it forced me to rest which was good. The seat wasn't as wide but service was good

From SJU through to Vegas we had a321 which was terrible, lacked leg room in business class and no IFE. Terrible flight and service was atrocious on both legs. This is why I've given it a 3 star review as it's averaged out.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 9 October 2018

It's been a while since I flew but I wasn't surprised to find many things hadn't changed over that time. Economy was the usual cattle-car setup with about 18 inches between seats and it certainly felt as if the seats were a fraction narrower. And regardless of the change in smaller sizes of carryons there are obviously travelers who disregard the 'rules' and make life onboard uncomfortable, annoying and convenient for the rest of us.

But despite all that the cabin crew did their best to accommodate everyone and make the trip as comfortable and pleasant as possible. They did well and our trip from start to finish was quite good.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.