“Ciccarone”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Job well done! On time flight, friendly folks. Quick baggage claim...I’d fly them again. I’m a big fan of Delta but American did a fine job!

Write a ReviewReviews (46,610)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight from Des Moines to Dallas was short and uneventful. The overnight flight to Buenos Aires was 11 hours. Looonnngggg. We (my husband and I) sat next to the last row on the right side (facing front) of the plane. This particular plane had 2 seats, instead of three, in the last 3 rows on the sides. This gave us a little more aisle room when getting out of our seats to stretch or use the bathroom, but no more legroom or seat space. I do not like to sit 3 in a row because it leaves me in the middle seat and next to someone I don’t know. This was a great option for a long flight! I had the window seat and planned on leaning against the window to sleep. Well, these seats were a little farther out from the window than normal. No way to lean against the window, so I was disappointed and did not sleep well. But I loved not having to sit by someone I didn’t know. We had the same seats on the other side of the plane on the way home. We figured it would take a long time to get off the plane, since we were at the back, but was surprised that it didn’t really take long at all. Usually sitting towards the back is a little noisy from the roar of the plane, but I didn’t think the plane roared as much as I remember from past flights.

The dinner they served was good for airplane food. Wine was served with the meal if you wanted it, but it wasn’t that great. Breakfast was very lack-luster. The airline attendants were friendly and very effecient, although we didn’t need them much on an overnight flight. There were good options for movies and they even had some good oldies. I thought there were more options available than on other long flights we’ve taken. I had my own headphones, but didn’t want to go through my bag to find them, so took the ones they handed out at the start of the flight. They were actually pretty good. Much better than the ones they used to hand out.

No luggage problems and we didn’t have to wait long at baggage claim. They did check our bag and left a note inside that they had inspected it. We didn’t use the overhead bins, but looked like there was ample room for carry-ons.

I’ve checked other international flights for those back 2 seats in economy, but haven’t found them which is disappointing. I’m not excited about sitting in the middle for a long international flight. I felt lucky with this flight.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

on Govt work, flying economy class, decided to get to airport early, thank goodness, on the shuttle bus from rental car return to airport, started a conversation with a couple next to me, asked were I was going and what flight, I said I dont know what terminal I should go to, He looked it up on his phone, said your flight is cancelled, showed me where to go, for rebooked flight, just made the new flight in time.......I had a day pack lap top ,and 3 checked bags, hard to get around....I lost my priority boarding on new flight

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Originally booked to arrive in Las Vegas at 8:30am. American rescheduled us to arrive at 12:30 pm, then proceeded to cancel flights out of Abilene to Dallas and delayed the flight we were on, including sitting on tarmac waiting for gate to open. Once at DFW, we got to the gate for our flight to Las Vegas only to find they closed the gate doors 15+ minutes early (although our bags made it, go figure). Several of us at the gate wanted to know the names of the gate agents and they would not tell us nor say anything about why they closed early. What they did say was they couldn't help us. American had already rebooked us which we were already aware of because we use their app. Needless to say, we finally arrived in Las Vegas at 5:30pm, 9 hours after our original booking, and we completely missed the wedding we were going to which was at 3pm.

• Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Direct flights are more desirable to say the least. Not the roomiest seats, but worth not having a connection. A great option to LA.