“Fun attendants and comfortable flight”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I flew American from Philadelphia to Glasgow at the end of July. From the first greeting when I boarded the plane and throughout the flight, the attendants were funny and friendly. I felt comfortable the entire time. They kept the drinks flowing and fed us two meals plus snacks. The food was really pretty good and, as a bonus, we got in early!

My only complaint was that we didn't have seatback entertainment. For an international flight I thought that would be standard. It was okay with me because I liked the in-flight movie but I can see where others would have had a problem. If my kids had been with me, they definitely wouldnt have watched the film and we would have been fidgeting with ipads etc.

Overall, a good flight and I would recommend it, especially with that crew.

Date of travel: July 2018
Write a reviewReviews (71,757)

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I recently flew from Chicago to Minneapolis as the last leg home after a 2 week trip overseas. Overall, the flight was okay. It was a bit stressful for the first 10 minutes or so because there was a family of 5 trying to sit together with two lap children, and the flight attendant couldn't find a courteous or considerate way to explain that they couldn't have 5 people in the 3 person set of seats. As a mother, I understood why parents would try to contain their kids in one area rather than have them spread across a row of 6 people including adult strangers. The family conceded and luckily the other adults were very gracious and seemed unbothered by the kids, who were well-behaved anyway.

During the drink and snack service stress came again. The mother got the attention of an attendant, I'm not sure what happened, maybe they weren't given enough drinks or pretzels for the whole family but the flight attendants acted like every single thing was a big bother to them as they brought more pretzels. I don't think it's a problem to give kids some pretzels.

The rest of the flight was fine, the flight attendants were nice to me but I didn't have my kids there. When we deboarded, I was happy to be heading home but the last thing I heard was a flight attendant on the plane saying very loudly, most likely on purpose, "There is no way that child is two!" I walked past the mother, who was standing right there, and smiled. I wish the flight attendants on that flight could have just gotten it together and been kind rather than making it stressful for the rest of us. It didn't have to be that way.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

flying from reno to philly flight delayed twice which it happens then ready to board cancelled weather to the jump flight was good and weather to the east cleared out no explaination waited two h
ours to reticket cost another hundred for room couldn't get me home total nightmare oh they did give me a restaurant comp too bad all of them closed an hour before giving us a comp wow unprofessional by all means

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Let me first say American Airlines and fly at Gold level, but the treatment I received when checking in for my flight August 19, 2018 to Charlotte North Carolina 6:30 AM was very poor. When I approached the priority check-in area I told the woman greeting me, Susan, that I would prefer not to check-in through the kiosk but would like to use the assistance area. There was no one else in line as it was around 5 AM. This person insisted and forced me to check-in through the kiosk. I cannot see as well as I used to and I did not have my glasses or record locator so it took me longer than needed to, totally unnecessary plus more importantly gave me a negative start to my day. This person was very negative and short with me during my entire check in experience and this was totally avoidable and unnecessary. She my have had a bad morning as we all do but when you are in a service industry you need to be pleasant with customers. Maybe she needs more training or just get another job. Again, love AA, bad agent!!!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I cannot believe the horrendous level (lack of) customer service and the do not care attitude of ground staff and cabin crew.
We were traveling on honeymoon, we booked together, we checked in together .... they sat us 6 rows apart!!!
The ground staff response ‘all family’s of 4 or more sat around you so impossible to move’ LIE. There were another 4 couples split up like us.
Cabin crew ‘no I can’t do anything about it because I don’t want a confrontation with other travelers’ but he was happy for me to do the sorting myself. The cabin crew guy (wish I’d have got his name) was so ridiculously rude and aggressive and even walked away when I was speaking to him.
Never ever again with this airline.

Date of travel: July 2018
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.