“Return trip”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 17 December 2017

Small delay in Aruba, smooth flight arrived on time waited 2 hours for connecting flight from Charlotte NC to Chicago.

Date of travel: November 2017
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (50,029)

Reviewed 17 December 2017

We had cruised from Miami, through the Panama Canal to Long Beach and American Airlines took us home. It was a long flight but American did an excellent job and we couldn't be more satisfied. The customer service all around was fantastic. The cost was very reasonable, $240 @. We did pay an extra $25 baggage fee but fortunately our large bag weighed 50 lbs so nothing extra. When I finally muster the courage to get on a scale, I hope I can say that about myself. Long cruise too with many buffets and adult beverages. Oh my!

1  Thank Robert H
Reviewed 17 December 2017

Good connection from Nassau to Miami, FL, USA, so we could connect with Air Canada from MIA to YYZ. Only drawback was the requirement to be at airport at least 2 hrs. before the flight, in order to clear US Customs. For a 6am flight, that means being at the airport at 4am.

Date of travel: November 2017
1  Thank Donald B
Reviewed 17 December 2017

Do not ever choose America Airlines! Our first flight was delayed by 10 minutes. They got us to our next gate almost on time. We had a connecting flight through them which was said to leave only 20 minutes later. Once we got off the fight we ran to our next gate which happened to be on the OTHER side of the airport. It was over a mile run, which we sprinted. There was 7 others on our flight that were headed to the same connecting flight, so we were all in jeopardy of missing it. Once I arrived, they had closed the gate and wouldn't let any of us on, which there was 9 of us all together. They could have called down and told them we were almost there. We missed it by a minute and 45 seconds. They would not re-open the gate to let any of us on. I understand protocol and security, however, by the time we reached the gate and 9 of us were standing there crying they would not make any exceptions. I find this to be unacceptable, considering we had an emergency at home. Several of us were left crying and very upset because the airline would not wait 2 minutes for us to get on the flight. Our next flight out was 3 hours later. I do not know who I will fly with in the future, however, IT WILL NOT BE WITH AMERICAN AIRLINES!!!!

1  Thank christinar1193
Reviewed 17 December 2017

I travel for business regularly and look forward to pleasant flights whenever possible. Overall American has proven to be a good choice for these flight. The gate staff has a hard job and they do a very good job dealing with the numerous questions and challenges that they are often presented with. The flight crew and cockpit crew are always welcoming. If you're looking for a great meal on your flight, bring one. There are limitations to the overall experience and due to significant cutbacks with many airlines, the food has taken a huge hit. Often there will be limited space for bags so many people will have to gate check theirs prior to boarding.And when there is a challenge fitting bags into the overheads, the flight crew has a tough job dealing with the sometimes emotionally charged passengers.

Overall American is as good as many other airlines, better than some, and not better than others. I will still choose them over other carriers and hope thaty maintain their focus on a good flight experience.

1  Thank njmedia2