“Charleston to Phoenix with Charlotte Layover ”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

I flew from Charleston to Charlotte, then Charlotte to Phoenix on Thanksgiving Day. The flights to and from each destination were comfortable. The flight attendants were very helpful and friendly on each flight. The pilots ensured we were safe during our travels and were able to get us to the destinations early when possible.

I've previously only flown Delta, but this trip was far less stressful, so I'll use AA when possible!

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (48,082)

Reviewed 13 December 2017

After 4 weeks of cruising the South Pacific and a week in Sydney, I was really stressing about the flight from Sydney to LAX to Boston. Although we travel a lot, this was going to be the longest flight we've ever done. All I can say is....... American Airlines made it okay! I never fell asleep and survived the 12+ hour flight to LAX. Thank you AA!!

Reviewed 13 December 2017

I had over 100,000 useless advantage miles and wanted to use them, so I booked a Christmas Market tour and booked the air myself with AA. AA insists on you flying with BA, their partner, but that means dealing with dysfunctional Heathrow and unreliable BA. They charged me about $500 in BA taxes, to fly one leg with AA, and the 2 inner-Europe flights with BA, as well as the return from London on BA. I tried to fly on 12/9 with AA but due to weather, and a lack of pilots, we spent 4 hours on the tarmac dealing with de-icing and fixing mechanical problems, before we flew to Heathrow, an airport totally closed down due to 1 inch of snow. We were dumped out on the tarmac, and had to officially go through immigration to get any help from an AA reservation agent. I finally got a booking on the same flight as I should have been on, for the next day. But the next day, all flights to the continent were cancelled!!! No pilots or crews! With no place to stay, in the airport area, and no idea when flights would resume to Europe, I was told my only option was to go home. I have asked AA for all my tax money back, and all they offer is a few miles for free. I will NEVER willingly fly AA again, and have no desire to be paid in a few miles. I want my money back, because AA should never have flown to London, with the airport closed before we even left. This is the 2nd time AA has stranded me in an airport disaster. There is no accountability and no willingness to discuss what is THEIR mistake. They charged me $150 on Monday to fly home - beyond what I had already paid for a "free" ticket! Never fly AA internationally, and never agree to paying any taxes for British Air! Stay out of London's airport!!! AA is too big, and Congress should never have allowed the merger. Avoid American Airlines!!!!!

Reviewed 13 December 2017

I had reviewed this flight already. I had stated that I had to fill out a lost and found report for my cosmetic bag that I thought fell out of my open bag under the seat in front of me. Went to the Huntsville International Airport yesterday and the ticket agent walked me over to baggage/lost and found the they had my bag! Yippee!! I had very expensive moisturizers in there and a few other pricey things. Sorry I do not have their names, but they were wonderful. Hugs and happy holidays to them!

Reviewed 13 December 2017

We had a first flight out to Charlotte. Checking in went smoothly and both large suitcases just barely came in under the weight limit. The flight left on time and the crew was welcoming.