“LOOOONG Flight, Good Customer Service”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 13 December 2017

This was obviously a VERY long overseas flight, connecting through Dallas. We have had mixed results with American through the years, but they did a good job on this flight. The flights were on time and our in-flight experience was excellent. The attendants were very attentive and friendly the entire time. Cabin service was timely and the food, beverage and snack quality was quite good. We enjoyed a number of movies during the flight and got in a good nap as well! Our arrival experience in Hong Kong was outstanding. HK is a very efficient and clean airport.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (36,722)

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

I'm a very nervous flighter , I was travelling to New York with my 2 year old and15 year old and was very apprehensive , the check in was great ,quick and Hasell free , the staff very helpful and professional . The flight staff were great , nothing was to much trouble , the snacks were some of the best in flight I have had , apart from the tomatoe sauce on the chicken Be better plain or in gravy !! There was bad turbulence on the plain tho the last hour and a half of the flight and it made me violently sick , as I don't travel well . When the plain had landed I felt so dizzy and disoriented , the flight steward noticed and came to my aid , they arranged a wheel chair , took me threw customs helped me with my departure and airport staff then helped me into a taxi , thank you so much for your exceptional service . Will only fly with you guys now as I can trust the company to look out for us .

Reviewed 13 December 2017

So called customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. They are unapologetic about treating their passengers like dirt. With all the competition in the airline business I don't know how these fools stay in business. I will NEVER travel with American Airlines again!

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Both flights - outbound and back home - were on time. The service was good, clean plane. Seats too tight.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Just got back form a family trip to Chicago with my in-laws, wife, and our 5 month old Baby, and it was the worst treatment I have ever received on an airline in my life. We travel quite a bit, and have been on several competitors to American with no issue, but this airline was horrible.
First they made us check our stroller, the same one we gate checked coming to Chicago, because it was too heavy, 22lbs. When asked to see a manager we got the privilege of speaking with the rudest person you can imagine, so rude in fact a stranger checking in leaned over and said something to her. Then they do not allow preboarding for infants so we were required to stand on the jetway in 17 weather with a baby while a manager paced up and down telling us we had 6 minutes until the doors closed, like we could make people board faster. Once on the plane we pushed back from the jet bridge and THEN were told by a flight attendant we had to move our seats because we were one row back from the exit row, the same seats we flew from FLL-ORD in a few days earlier! So we moved to the row behind us now making 5 adults and a baby readjust their seats, while the flight attendant rudely rushed us along, as if it was our fault for not knowing their rules! For the rest of the flight the crew made us feel as though we were a burden to them, even though our 5 month old slept the entire flight! When leaving the aircraft we had several passengers apologize for the treatment we received on the airline, but not ONE American Airlines employee did. I will never fly this airline again, and if you are planning a trip with Kids go a different airline, even if it may cost a bit more, trust me it is not worth the headache!