“Uncomfortable seats!”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Upgraded our seats to More Cabin Extra as the flight was 3.5 hours. While leg room was great, the seat cushion was hard and the width of the seats were uncomfortably narrow. I generally fly Delta comfort + and I find their seats more comfortable. On the plus side, our flights both to/from Chicago landed on time. On both legs, we flew on a Boeing 737-800 series. On the flight to Chicago, we had in-flight entertainment in the seatback. But on our return flight there was no IFE. We had to use our own devices and connect to their entertainment via the AA app. Make sure you download the app before you travel to be safe. On the return, the plane seemed older, but the seats were a bit more comfortable. Logging on to the IFE was a challenge initially, but then I stumbled on how to connect. BTW, there are no options for news (CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc.) with their IFE. Delta provides that option if you want to stay current on the news while you’re traveling. Flight attendants were fine .... we didn’t have any drama on our flights. Even though I had upgraded my seats, you still had to pay for priority boarding! With Delta, you get that when you upgrade to Delta comfort +. In my opinion, Delta and Southwest are better options, if prices are comparable.

Write a ReviewReviews (27,252)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Booked a seat, Oh no a ticket on the plane it was not a seat as I was told, even though you have to pay to get a better seat it's just still a ticket. Ordered Vegetarian for my daughter for return flights as she does not eat meat. On the way over they told her nothing was ordered and were the most rudest people to her about it, they offered her nothing to eat as an alternative and actually told her go and complain about it!!! So I called the office and let them know of their staff’s rudeness and that on a 15 hour long haul flight she was starving!! They ensured me that they had it arranged for the return flight and I also upgraded her seat to give her an exit row seeing she is tall to give her more leg room. Yes the meal this time was correct, the staff though were the same rude people, must be a trait for AA. But her seat was broken, Yes Broken, they offered her no where else to move told her once again go complain, she ended up laying on the floor in front of the exit row to try and sleep on the once again 15 hour long haul flight back, so to you AA I would never in my wildest dreams, even if FREE I would fly your out of touch airline or ever recommend you to anyone. I have since read so many bad reviews, that I wished I had read before making the booking. It was a special trip for my daughters birthday to NYC to see her sister. Your Customer service is the worst she had ever encountered in her life she said, you should maybe put some money into training your staff if they are having a bad day, which seems to be every day do not take it out on your paying customers as they are the ones who will not return. A total waste of air space they AA are.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Terrible airline - charge for everything and their technology is terrible for checking in online. Had to wait until I got to the airport and then they couldn't find my reservation.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

American Airlines flights were very smooth (New Orleans to Dallas and Dallas to Phoenix). The pilots kept us well informed about turbulence and flight times. The flight attendants were friendly and informative. They served drinks and pretzels. All in all, it was a good experience for someone who doesn't like flying.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I need to express my gratitude to American Airlines and the gentle attitude the personnel who did the arrangments of our flight. We were obliged to cancel my husband's flight because he was in the hospital with a serious pneumonia and he is almost 92 years old. A.A. credited the complete amount without requiring a specific certificate. A.A. offered me an open ticket for a year . I refused because I am unable to travel and leave my husband alone. When speaking to my inssurance company, it asked for a cancelation certificate of my ticket to return the money. When I asked A.A. for the certificate the airline told me they did not do it. After a waiting pariod in the phone, the employee that was serving me, told me that A.A. given our age and condition was going to credit my ticket wihout penalties any penalties.
We go almost eve5ry year to Los Cabos by A.A. and the service is impecable and the prices accessible.
MY BIGGEST ADIMRATION FOR THEIR HONESTY. We did travel to Los Cabos in 2017 and were expecting to go in January 2018

1  Thank Jacqueline O