“Currently the best transatlantic business class”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My favorite airline on the transatlantic route. Their business class seats in 1-2-1 configuration are excellent and offer perfect privacy especially on night flights. Airline food is typically nothing to write home about, but AA has made significant progress here. Dining is actually pretty good. I like the option to select my menu already a couple of days ahead of my flight. If nothing would appeal to me, I could dine on the ground in the lounge and skip the inflight meal. However, that never happened to me with AA in the past two to three years.
The planes are always clean and in excellent shape; obviously an advantage of a pretty new fleet, but even the older planes are kept in good condition. The flight attendants are in most cases very good. They are friendly and find the right mix between leaving you on your own and being always present when you need something.
Currently the best way to travel between the US and Europe

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Experienced really great service on this fight 238 on 11/15. I offered to move seats to allow a couple to sit together, and boy was I rewarded. The attendant offered me a free snack. I asked for cookies, but he said they didn't have any, and gave me some hummus and chips instead. Then later in the flight, as he was walking past, he randomly handed me a napkin - which turned out to contain a freshly baked, hot chocolate chip cookie! Just for me. Not part of the regular service. So, so awesome. Kudos. Will fly American again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Over the past few years I traveled frequently mainly to and around the Middle East. My airline of choice is Emirites - arguably one of the top airlines is the world.
I was flying American Airlines from Washington Reagan to Birmingham, Alabama for the weekend to visit friends. I realized I was going to take a small commuter plane with little or no legroom. What I didn’t expect was the total lack of customer service and hospitality from the flight attendant. To begin, if you’re working in the hospitality field and don’t like our job - get out. Individuals who continue to work in the hospitality industry and who either don’t what to be there or who are just bad at their job shouldn’t be in the hospitality industry. Our flight attendant was downright rude. When speaking via the microphone she listed everything we can’t do, she would berate the passengers in a passive aggressive or non passive aggressive way. One example- woman sitting next to me was overweight/obese and I was pushed to the side of my seat towards aisle. The flight attendant said to me, “I realize part of your seat is taken by the woman next to you but please keep your shoulders out of the aisle way.” Never did she say “excuse me can you please...”
She also never smiled. No welcome when we entered or the traditional “thank you for flying with us” as we deplaned.
Also, she played the game “candy crush” (or a similar game) on your phone more than half he flight. The reason I know this is her phone was face up when we boarded and I was sitting in the first row. After beverage service is she stood at the front with her back to all the passengers and continued to play for at least 45 minuets. Very occasionally she would turn around and look at the passengers - never smiling.
Hospitality isn’t hard - it’s a smile, it’s a “thank you”, it’s a “how are you today?”, as bad as this flight attendant was I don’t blame her, it’s the management and ownership of the airlines today that has made service so bad when flying a U.S.carrier.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was on a connecting flight with Qantas to Las Vegas after landing in LAX. Had to ask a few questions and the information desk was very friendly and helpful. Plane was a bit of a tight for seat space but didn't mind as flight was less than 2hrs.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was the most uncomfortable flight i have ever been on. These seats were unbarable to sit in both ways. The sad thing or maybe a good thing was it only took about 1.5 hours and this is the last time i will fly with them.

2  Thank lionlamica