“It's Not Delta”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 23 September 2017

I live near Asheville, NC, so very few direct flights to anywhere. My airline of choice is Delta where I'm a medallion member, but we decided to take American this time because it had a better price. First of all, no jet bridge leaving Asheville. OK. No problem. Then, we had to change planes in Charlotte, NC. Still no jet bridge! Ridiculous! This is their home airport, I think, plus we had to hike across the tarmac in the wind and drizzle to reach the terminal. Cross country, long flight... NO wi-fi, no movie in the seat backs. Over one hour into the flight before we had our first and only beverage service. Comparing this to Delta, it was awful. I don't think I'll be taking American again unless I'm forced to do so.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (27,178)

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Flights were on time or early. Do to the hurricane we rerouted to Tampa from Orlando. American worked to get us to Florida rather than cancel or delay us. Most favorite thing about the flights, they had Dr. Pepper!

Reviewed 23 September 2017

I had the lovely opportunity to travel business class internationally and first class domestically with American Airlines round trip from Denver to Paris (CDG). This was my first time flying American and Wow. From the moment I arrived at the Denver airport ticket counter, their admirals club to my return trip, the staff was impeccable with a level of service that unfortunately is not seen enough in air travel.
Aside from flying priority one, my experience with all staff was pleasurable. Arriving without jet leg!

Reviewed 23 September 2017

We flew out of Destin on our way to Cincinnati. We stopped in Charlotte NC and switched planes. Very spacious, plenty of leg room. Smooth flight and the flight attendants were nice, except for one. A man steward who was asked if the plane was on time so we could catch our connecting flight and he answered "well you should have scheduled a flight with a little more time in between" I had no choice but to book these times and don't appreciate the condescending tone. Anyway, I would fly again.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

I will never again fly American Airlines transatlantic. Paid $6500 for 2 round trip seats which were simply coach with more leg room. Video was an iPad and earphones which meant you had to keep tray up entire time or hand hold. I choose to pay extra to travel first/business because I suffer swollen ankles and my seat did not fully recline both flights. My return flight I was not able to elevate my legs at all. Flight attendants are ok but American Airlines equipment really is terrible. My flights were 776 and 777 between PHL and SNN. I have flown transatlantic enough times that I can confidently say NEVER AGAIN on American Airlines.